Phoenix | Teen Ink

Phoenix

By happyinnocence GOLD, Indianapolis, Indiana
happyinnocence GOLD, Indianapolis, Indiana

1 Timothy 4:12

Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.

The ragged rocks stabbed into her bare skin. She quickly grabbed her coat and covered her up arm. If only more could be covered. Sighing, she glanced up with vacant scared eyes.
The mountain seemed to tumble over her. It made her feel as if he lungs just lost all the air she needed. Although, she looked on behind the dangerous giant and onto the canvas behind.
Like a phoenix, it stuck out with it's wings shooting across. The artist rushed with the brush, as the cool set over the fire. Violet rays struck out.
The young girl never saw just another sky, but another adventure popping out.
Continuing on, she put her frost bitten hand on another rock. She wouldn't stop.
Pulling herself up was her biggest mistake. The fiery phoenix flew away, the violet rays left her side. Then, the end was set and the dangerous giant has won over her.

Can you figure what thing is what? I shared this in class and kids though the giant was an actually evil beast. But in the end, what truly was it?