The Game

The thick fog settled over the roof of the Burton House. Red dripped down the windows as rain pattered softly on the pavement. A knock had rung through the house only an hour ago. This house, the guests, had been objected to the horrors of the supernatural. This story is inspired by the possibility of a supernatural presence.

"I seriously doubt it, how could that happen?!" Tina, a young sixteen year old cheerleader stereotype who was guest to the Burton daughter. "Anything is possible on Halloween." Jillian, the more mature of the pair, who's parents were out for the night on adult business. "Ya right. Ghosts and all that stuff are all just a joke of our pathetic geeky generation." Tina tied back her brown hair in a ponytail. "Maybe, maybe not." "Oh please Jill, I'm only hanging out with you because Kendra is in Cali." Jill is the type of girl who everyone pretends to like because her family is rich. "What's so great about Kendra anyway..." Jill said jealously. Tina rolled her eyes and cracked open a bottle of soda, "Jealous much? Anyway-" Then there came a knock on the door. Jill froze in place and listened for another knock. "Jill. Just answer it." Jill nodded and opened the door.

"Oh my god! Shay, you scared me." Jill's cousin Shayna had showed up in her Halloween costume. "Hey Jill. Just thought id stop by to greet you." Shayna handed Jill a black briefcase. "Whats that? And who is she?!" Tina looked at Shayna in disgust and grabbed the suitcase. "That was not meant for you Tina." Jill felt embarrassed of her strange cousin, "So thanks and I guess see you later-" Shayna walked past Jill into the house, "How interesting this place is.." She skimmed her fingers over the red wallpaper and Tina dropped the suitcase on the couch uninterested. "Hey you, twilight. Who invited you?" Shayna rolled her eyes and opened the suitcase."I only came here for business." She set a board covered in a red cloth on the coffee table and left out the door, "Wait Shayna! What is this?!" Shayna smiled mischievously to her self and yelled over her shoulder biking away, "It is a game. Have fun."

SarasotaWonder said...
I think it's intriging :) I love a good horror story...and this certainly has the making! One thing I would work on is organizing the dialouge: in different paragraphs is would be a lot neater and more organized.

shelbyoreo replied...
thank you :)

BIG DADDY said...
Dec. 13, 2011 at 9:44 am
your story is a disapointment