Highway 13 | Teen Ink

Highway 13

By daniel722 SILVER, San Jose, Other
daniel722 SILVER, San Jose, Other

Brad and his wife Sarah had just finished a dinner when they went into their car to drive home. They were at their friend’s house, having a good time. They laughed, ate, and played together all night and now it was time to leave.
Brad started driving in his white Tundra with Sarah in the passenger’s seat. As they started heading towards their house, they decided to take a new shortcut that supposedly was faster. They took Highway 13.
When they were driving along, Sarah screeched. Brad quickly turned towards her and was shocked to see a big chubby man with a long orange beard running alongside the car. He was dressed in blue jeans and a red and white plaid shirt. His empty eyes were staring at Sarah. Brad slammed on the brakes and slid to a halt. The man stopped too and started banging on the glass. Sarah began to curse at the monster but that just seemed to arouse him more. In desperation, Brad quickly accelerated and sped off. When they couldn’t see the creature running beside the car, they began to relax.
Brad glanced one more time in the rearview mirror to make sure the creature was gone. He saw him in the back of his truck. Right there, the red-haired phantom was sitting down, glaring straight into Brad’s eyes. Brad let out the loudest scream and put the pedal to the metal, so to speak. The car shot forward but the man was still there. Sarah by now was dialing 9-1-1.
“There’s no service Brad. What do I do?” She asked, barely managing to speak
“We’ve got to get that thing off my truck; he is going to eat us,” replied Brad
Right then, the man disappeared.
Brad and Sarah continued their route at full speed. They didn’t stop until they got to their house. Once there, Sarah locked every door in the house. Brad then got all the knives from the kitchen and put them on his nightstand.
They went into their bed and cuddled together, scared from the experience. They talked about it in a hushed whisper.
“What was that?” Sarah asked
“I absolutely have no idea,” replied Brad
“That thing-a-ma-jigger scared me out of my pants.”
“I am pretty sure he wanted to kill us!”
“But, then why didn’t he, he somehow got into the back of your truck but, he couldn’t kill us?!!”
“Maybe he was nice...?”
“Nice! Nice! Nice my a**. He wanted to get into the car and murder us both. How can you defend him?”
“I don’t know, look at it though, he had the chance, but he didn’t kill us.”
“Yes, but he also stared into our eyes and scared the s*** out of us. He will probably kill us tomorrow, or if not, the next day. Please, Brad, he is not a nice person.”
“Ok, ok, I don’t know what I was thinking.”
Brad hugged Sarah even tighter. “Do you think he will come back tonight?” asked Brad
“I don’t know, I really don’t know. I hope not.”
“He might even be here already” Brad said to spook his wife.
“STOP, BRAD; THAT IS NOT FUNNY!” Sarah screamed at him.
After that, the two stayed quiet for a while. They were hugging each other and pulling the covers over themselves whenever they heard any noise, even if it was just a cricket or the wind. Finally, they were able to close their eyes and fall asleep.
During the night, Sarah had a very scary dream. She dreamt of the man coming into their house and killing her and Brad. The man, then, went through all of her jewelry and stole all of her belongings. Brad on the other hand, had a pleasant dream. He dreamt of becoming a big macho man who could run as fast as a car. He dreamt that he was the fastest man on earth.
In the morning, Sarah woke up with a start. She was breathing heavily and looked over at her husband and saw a man with long red hair, blue jean, and a red and white plaid shirt. He was smiling at her.
“Good Morning Sunshine.”

A scary story to give you the creeps. Hope you enjoy.

on Nov. 17 2011 at 10:33 am
alexleonrjs SILVER, San Jose, Other

very good written :Di loved it and the last line! 

ing.to SILVER said...
on Nov. 17 2011 at 10:31 am
ing.to SILVER, San Jose, Other
OMG!! The last line..!! whuuuuuuh!  Really gives me chills. Great job daniel722

tewtee SILVER said...
on Nov. 17 2011 at 10:31 am
tewtee SILVER, San Jose, Other
The ending really creeped me out. I really, really like this. :D:D