Jealousy Kills | Teen Ink

Jealousy Kills

By Miaplayaa BRONZE, Council Bluffs, Iowa
Miaplayaa BRONZE, Council Bluffs, Iowa

Oh hey

Riiiiing. Riiiiiiiiiiing. RIIIIIING. “WHAT THE H*LL DO YOU WANT KENT?” I screamed so loudly I think the Eskimos in Alaska heard me. Seriously, we broke up exactly two weeks, four days, and sixteen hours ago. Why would he be calling me? A million thoughts ran through my head as I yelled through the receiver. “I….I…I just wanted to let you know that I uhm… finally got over you,” said Kent. What did he say!? FINALLY. He is over calling me constantly, asking for me back, he is over waving at me in the halls, and especially over hovering over me at lunch trying to see whom I was texting. “Uhmm…and before you hear any rumors about me, I just want to tell you that yes, I am now dating Kassi,” mumbled Kent.
My best friend Kassi was always there for me. When I was nine, my grandmother passed away. She was my absolute life. I was in the hospital with my family the last week she was breathing, or the life support was breathing for her. I needed some air from the tension of my parents, aunts, and uncles fighting in the hallway over her will. I took a stroll down to the maternity ward to have a look at new lives coming into the world to keep my mind off of my grandma losing hers. Kassi was sitting in the waiting room outside of the doors to the ward. I asked why she was alone and she told me that nine year olds weren’t allowed to go into the room with their mothers when they delivered. She also told me all about how being a big sister was going to be. I really enjoyed listening to her excitement about something so little. My mother came flying out of the elevator to tell me I needed to see my grandma as soon as possible. I knew without a doubt it would be my last time seeing her besides in the pictures I had stacked in my room. Kassi followed me upstairs and waited in the hallway for at least 45 minutes. She grabbed my hand as soon as I walked out of the cold, lifeless room. I knew from that moment on she would always be there to hold my hand and let me cry.

I hung up as soon as I heard her name come out of his mouth. I’m over him. I’m well…I’m totally not over him. How the h*ll can she do that to me? I need him back. Three years 7 months and 28 days being by his side every day. What a b****! I love him.

AT SCHOOL THE NEXT MORNING

I walked into my first hour class as usual. Kassi waved me over like she did every day. Except when I walked over, I didn’t greet her with a smile. My fist punched her nose so hard I’m pretty sure she will have to get a second nose job. I wrapped my fist so tightly around a large part of her actual hair, not her $200 extensions that would easily be ripped out. I continuously drilled her in the skull until I didn’t have a good piece left to grab a hold of. When I was finally pulled off of her there was blood everywhere. I was so ecstatic that none of it was mine I didn’t realize that I had a tooth stuck in my hand.

“What could have possibly triggered this? You are a straight A student that has never set foot in the office except when you accepted one of your many great rewards,” anxiously asked Principal Broson.
“I don’t know what came over me, I won’t do it again, blah blah blah…can I go now?”
“I have no choice but to suspend you for two weeks, that is all.”

Riiiiing. Riiiiiing. Riiiiing. RIIIIIIIIIIIING. RRRRRIIINNNNNGGG. “Hello, you have reached the voice message box of Marley Robbins please leave your name, number, and a message after the beep. BBBBEEEEEP.” “Hey Marley, I just wanted to let you know that I was just trying to make you jealous because I still love you. I will always love you. Kassi and I never had a thing, she hasn’t even talked to me since you and I broke up. I just wanted to say I’m sorry.”

I wish I would have heard that sooner, but at the same time I’m glad I didn’t. I wouldn’t have gotten to see my grandma for so many more years. Eight years was long enough.

on Nov. 15 2011 at 2:58 pm
AnimaCordis GOLD, London, Other

"Evil is when the good do nothing"

Oh my gosh! This is a really good story, and it's well written too. The ending is really, really good! It makes me so sad, how real it is, i feel this really could happen. It makes me want to hit Kent!