The Librarian | Teen Ink

The Librarian

By jasmine5767 BRONZE, Mississauga, Other
jasmine5767 BRONZE, Mississauga, Other

It was a normal day in Ohio for the summer. The sun was shining, birds are chirping, and businessmen are rushing to work. Well for me, Bethany Wilson, I am on my normal jog around the neighborhood. I decided to try a different route. Maybe it was because I just got bored of the normal routine. Instead of turning left on the street with the Starbucks, I keep on running to see where it will get me. I see a huge dark building and right in the middle is a sign that says Library. Since I love to read and I have never seen this place before, I decide to go in

When walking in, the place is dark and old, and you are able to smell the old books. An old man is sitting at a desk reading silently and didn’t even look at me while I was walking in. Looking around I see a book that is in really good condition compared to all the others in the library. I’m about to open the book when the man yells “DON’T!” I jump up and turn around and look at him, and he has a really frightened look. He must be crazy I thought it’s just a book, why would he be so scared? I checked out the book and I went home and started to read. I can’t stop until my eyes wouldn’t stay open.
*

I wake up in the middle of the night and I feel a shiver up my spine. Out of the corner of my eye I see something move. I jump up and look again, but nothing is there. It must have been my imagination, nothing is really there. I’m not able to go back to sleep so I put my arm out to grab the book and it wasn’t there. Where is it? I left it there right before I fell asleep. It’s not like it became alive and walked away.

Then I see something from the corner of my eye. It is the librarian. He has a crazy look in his eyes, like nothing I have ever seen before. “What are you doing?” I scream. The librarian takes out the book and opens it up. He says something in a different language and then a top of vines come out and wrap me up and put me on the bed. I am not able to move. The vines are starting to strangle me and are covering my whole body. Then, I start to see black.

*

I wake up and am sweating all over. I don’t know what that was but I have a bad feeling about that. Eventually the sun starts to shine and I go back to the library and return the book. No one is in there, not even the librarian. Now that I look, the library looks really scary when no one is in there. The next day I go the same route that leads to the library but there is nothing there. No trace of the library and nothing that shows that there was ever anything there. I hear someone behind me and it’s the librarian. In a instant he vanishes.