Snatched | Teen Ink

Snatched

October 25, 2011
By EllieAngel16 SILVER, Council Bluffs, Iowa
EllieAngel16 SILVER, Council Bluffs, Iowa
9 articles 10 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"To be great is to be misunderstood"
-Ralph Waldo Emerson


It was a strange night; there was a chill in the air as Emily walked home from her party. It was pitch black outside and the paved road wasn’t lit at all. Insects were singing their nightly songs, and the stars in the sky were twinkling brightly, the only light guiding her home, but there was still something eerie about the road. Maybe it was the woods surrounding it, or maybe it was the dark, or both. The thought that someone could jump out of the woods and snatch her terrified her beyond belief.

She heard a rustle in the leaves, chills went up her spine, and she picked up her pace. She felt as if she was being followed, she heard footsteps but when she looked behind her there was no one. She walked faster, almost jogging, trees rushing behind her; she was looking behind her every five seconds. The lights of her house were finally getting closer, inviting her behind its wooden doors; she just knew she could make it. Then she felt strong arms wrap around her body, she let out a yelp. She couldn’t get loose, the grip was so tight, and then she felt a sharp pain. Her body went cold. Then there was peaceful blackness. Then nothing. The night went back to how it was, crickets went back to chirping, cicadas were screaming, trees were shivering in the wind. It was as if Emily hadn’t touched earth at all.


The author's comments:
Another free write article that I wrote for creative writing. I like it a lot. Feedback?