Carnival Mansion | Teen Ink

Carnival Mansion

October 19, 2011
By EllieAngel16 SILVER, Council Bluffs, Iowa
EllieAngel16 SILVER, Council Bluffs, Iowa
9 articles 10 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"To be great is to be misunderstood"
-Ralph Waldo Emerson


Everyone avoided the old mansion. It was believed to be a magical carnival home of death and destruction. There were rumored to be clowns that could rip you limb for limb, and then eat you with their sharp teeth. There were creepy ghoulish carnies that would gut you and laugh as they watched blood drip from your body. And of course little kids, zombie kids. With razor edged lollipops that they would stab you with, then start ravaging your body, eating your guts, brains, skin, everything, then lick up your blood until there was nothing left of you.

Anyone brave or stupid enough to venture into the mansion never came out. The foolish dares of young kids, stupidity, alcohol, drugs, and dumb “bravery” left innocent people missing. Even the police were too afraid to even peer beyond the fence of the mansion. No one has ever come out, EVER. Well… Not until now anyway. My friends and I are planning to go into the great mansion and destroy it. Let the bloodbath begin.

The author's comments:
I had to write this in creative writing for a free write before class; I thought it looked cool, and I enjoyed writing it. I'm thinking of turning it into a short story or book, but I don't know for sure yet. I want feedback on what you think of it. Does it sound interesting? Any advice on how to make it better? Any help is much appreciated :)