The Third Floor Bedroom | Teen Ink

The Third Floor Bedroom

By victoriacatgirl PLATINUM, Palm Desert, California
victoriacatgirl PLATINUM, Palm Desert, California

"Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

There was once a girl named Ulyssa. She lived in the third floor bedroom. At her house it was time for bed at 9:00 and at night the windows all had to be open. Ulyssa always followed these rules. Until she turned 17. She wanted to know what would happen if she left the lights on and kept the window open. So one night she did.

At 9:30 she went to bed. Immediately she started having bad dreams. Birds were flying around her and attacking her. She started tossing and turning in her sleep. Nobody could hear her screaming. And then she woke up. It was midnight. As soon as she calmed down Ulyssa went back to sleep.
Her next dream was even stranger. She was standing outside and saw herself on the ground. She wasn’t breathing. Then in the sky she noticed a bunch of pigeons and doves. They looked just like the birds on her wallpaper. The pigeons and doves started fighting. Ulyssa watched as the fight progressed on. She wanted the dream to be over. It was getting scary. It seemed as if the birds were fighting over her dead body. Ulyssa kept pinching herself over and over again. She wouldn’t wake up. Ulyssa started panicking.

Then she heard no more noise. The fighting had stopped and the pigeons had won. They started flying toward Ulyssa. She started running away as fast as she could. But the birds were catching up. They grabbed a hold of Ulyssa and flew her threw the third floor bedroom window. They went towards the wall where there was usually pigeons and doves. Now there were only doves. Ulyssa tried to fight back, but it was too late. They smacked into the wall. Her face would now forever be on the wall.

Then Ulyssa woke up. She quickly ran to the window to close it. But it was too late. They started pecking her. Ulyssa started screaming. She fell out of the window and broke her neck. Her spirit then lifted out of her body. She watched as the birds fought over her body and then dragged her body towards the window. After her body and the wall collided Ulyssa floated through the window and joined with her body. Every night if the window was open she would join the birds and haunt anyone who was foolish enough to leave the window in the third floor bedroom open.