Silent Screams | Teen Ink

Silent Screams

By Rhianna Waterman BRONZE, Haverhill, Massachusetts
Rhianna Waterman BRONZE, Haverhill, Massachusetts

I am alone. Not even the sun felt the need to remain shining in the sky. The wind blew a breeze filled with sin and bitterness as it wrapped around me, sweeping away my innocence. My stomach churned as I trudged deeper into the mangled maze.

This wasn’t a good idea….I shouldn’t have run away, but now it was now time to face my fear.

I was alone in a corn maze.

The gaps in the corn played tricks on my mind; every dark place I looked, I saw a distorted image, an image that once haunted me. There was blood everywhere. The red pigment seeped into my hands, burning as the blood and my skin became one. The ebony trash bag remained in the corner, pulsing as if the contents in it were still alive. The agonizing screams rang in my ears, but as I snapped out of my past, I focused on the darkness that lay ahead of me. I proceeded to move a few steps forward, but a few was too many; the corn stalks snapped and fell to the ground. A strong force came over my body and in the distance, I heard a muffled whisper. My name was being called; it sounded like a disturbed voice. A man’s voice. It sounded like Jim, but I knew it couldn’t be. I regretfully watched Jim get murdered tonight, two hours before I ran here. Payback was coming my way, and it started now.

The murmurs got louder, and I panicked. I began to run in the opposite direction. The maze had numerous paths each leading to a different location, but I couldn’t make a distinction between any of them. The path I followed opened up to an area filled with an assortment of hay.

Tonight, hay would act as my safe-haven until daylight.

I laid down in between two bundles and stacked some on top. Before I closed my eyes, I saw a mangled figure glaring at me. Although a good distance away, I could feel his eyes pierce through my soul. I tried to scream, but my vocals were paralyzed. The masked figure let out a devious chuckle and disappeared into the corn. I was petrified now, for I was not alone.

on Nov. 13 2011 at 7:40 am
Thank you!

gottagetout17 SILVER, Carlisle, Pennsylvania

"No matter what anybody tells you words and ideas can change the world" ~Dead Poets Society

Yea you totaly should! :) It really left me on edge.

Thank you :) and no, should I continue it?

proudgothickid BRONZE, Kansas City, Missouri
This is a wonderfull story it is full of details and useful words very nice

Sorry i clicked 4 instead of 5. I loved it! Did you make a continuation? Because I would love to see/read what happens next.