Catch me

He was running with all his might. Trees blurred past him in his attempt to escape. He had no idea where he was heading, but he knew it was as far away from the place as possible. Xavier Marshall slid down the dirt road into the camouflage of the nights blackness. He waited there for a couple seconds which felt like hours and what could have been days. He suddenly heard the sirens go off. Xavier’s heart began to beat like a race horse. They were after him, the men in the white coats with their syringe needles. Xavier knew he couldn’t go back to that place. The building itself reminded him of hell on earth, with its white plastered walls and the screams and moans from the other rooms just across the hall. The time was nearing and he knew what he had to do. He mustered up as much of the strength his legs could carry and he bolted for the road, the sound of a roaring engine trailing not too far behind him.

MikeyC said...
Oct. 11, 2011 at 8:18 am
This was a pretty intense cliffhanger. The imagery you put into it was awesome and life like

MacyJo said...
I agree. Its wonderfully written and I like how it's up to the reader to determine exactally what he's running from. Please continue it but don't let it loose the thrill of a cliffhanger.

andromeda13 said...
It was a really good base for a story, but as soon as i got into it, the story ended. :| No other critisms, four stars.

Magic-Mind replied...
Haha, yeah. It's a quick cliff hanger. Should I continue it? Maybe if I get more people to suggest that, then I'll try it out.