The Night That Ruined My Life | Teen Ink

The Night That Ruined My Life

By DiegoLeal BRONZE, Sandia, Texas
DiegoLeal BRONZE, Sandia, Texas

It was raining that night, that horrible night. I will never forget the events that took place that night. It is a night that will haunt me for the rest of my life. If only I would have done things differently. It is what it is and now I have to live with what happened that night.

It was Thanksgiving Day. I was on my way to work when I stepped in a puddle of water. I got mad but just kept walking so I wouldn’t miss the bus.when I got on the bus I noticed a baby crying, this made me very irritated. It seemed like an eternity before the bus arrived at my get off point. I walked into the factory and noticed someone standing in my station. I walked into the manager’s office and he wasn’t in there. I turned to walk outside and he opened the door and told me to take a seat. I thought he was finally going to give me my promotion to supervisor, but what he told me was enraging. He told me the company had no use for me and that he was letting me go. I was enraged and told him he’d regret his stupid decision.

I rode the bus back home and just fell asleep. I woke up at around ten o’clock. I was still furious from getting fired. A deep dark thought came into my mind. I have no family, friends, wife, kids. I have nothing, and now I have no job. My life is worthless. I’m nothing. Should I di it? Or should I not?

I don’t remember how I even got there, but I was outside the factory managers house. I had a pistol in my hand. I had this evil flowing through my veins. I felt as if I were about to commit an atrocity. I got into the house through the back door and went upstairs to his room.

I stood over his sleeping body and woke him. He was shocked, but said nothing because he had a gun to his forehead. I told him, “Guess what, your fired!”. I pulled the trigger and killed the man. I dropped the gun and ran. I never in my life thought I would do something like this.
The next day a police unit was standing outside my door knocking. I walked to the door and opened it, I stuck my arms straight out and the police officer handcuffed me. There would have been no point in trying to resist arrest.
Now I look back at that day from my prison cell. I think every day about what I did. It was a horrible action and now I am paying for it. I think of how I could have someday had a family and my own meaningful life. Now all possibilities of that are extinguished.
I will spend the next twenty-five years of my life in prison. When I am released I will be fifty-three years old and will probably have the same miserable life I had before prison. I will have no chance of having a family and people will most certainly not want to be friends with me because of my past.
I am haunted by my actions and by thoughts of how the rest of my life will be because of what I did. I pray to God so that I may be forgiven and want to live a religious life when I get out of prison. I plan to turn my life around even though I am certain it will be to late for that once I get out of prison. I hope some good will come out of this horrendous life of mine.

I hope people will see that you should always want to change for the good.

rubyjrg said...
on Oct. 6 2011 at 11:41 am

Diego,

I am really impressed that your story made it onto the website.  I found your piece ironic and suspenceful.  Great job!! -Garcia