Pin Code | Teen Ink

Pin Code

By sugar-doll BRONZE, Burnaby, Other
sugar-doll BRONZE, Burnaby, Other

The lock clicked as my key turned inside the door, and I twisted the knob, pushing the heavy door open.
"Jason, I'm home." I called out, shutting the door behind me and locking it again. I dropped my keys in the dish beside the door, the metal against metal making a clinking sound.
"Geez Jas, stop leaving all the lights on all the time." I said again, walking towards the kitchen to grab a drink. I finished my glass of water and noticed Jason had still made no contact with me, which was odd for him, usually he was down here already bugging me. I placed the glass into the counter and began to walk up the stairs, leading up to the bedrooms of the house. The plush carpet soft beneath my feet, making my footsteps light and silent.
"Jas?" I called out as I reached the top of the stairs, standing there looking down the long hall of closed doors. But then I noticed that one door at the end of the hall was slightly ajar, and that was Jason's room. My heartbeat picked up a beat or two as I cautiously made my way down the hall. I gently placed my hand on the door and pushed it open a bit, streaming light from the hallway into the room. I noticed him face down on the bed and I breathed a sigh of relief, having the thought he was only sleeping in my mind. I flicked the light on and walked over to his bed and shook his shoulder.
"Wake up you lazy butt. Mom's gonna be home soon, she won't like finding you sleeping." I shook him more and got a puzzled look on my face when he still didn't respond. I pushed his shoulder more and rolled him over, and what I saw made me gasp and let out a blood curdling scream. His mattress was stained with red, and there was blood all over his shirt and his shirt was ripped, from the looks of stab marks. I stood in shock, the only sound in the house was my screams, as tears were running down my face. I don't know how long I stood there screaming, before someones hand covered my mouth, making me want to scream louder. I felt something cold and sharp against my throat and I couldn't help but let more and more tears run down my face.
"Stay quiet or you die." The mysterious killer whispered in my ear. I stayed frozen, big fat tears of fear running down my cheeks.
"Good. Now, tell me, what's the pin code." He asked me, in a cold, solid voice. My mouth quivered as I tried to form words.
"I..I don...n't kn...ow what you..'re talking abou...t." I stuttered, barely able to form words. He tightened his grip on me and pressed the knife a bit closer to my throat.
"You know exactly what I am talking about. Now tell me the god damn code."
"I DON'T KNOW!" I screamed, bursting into sobs.
"Too bad then, you could have been help to me." He said, before he whipped his hand across my throat, leaving me with those the last words I heard.

on Sep. 9 2012 at 7:15 pm
dreamer3 SILVER, Edmond, Oklahoma

Everything happens for a reason even if you don't know what that reason is.

I liked it