The Silver Moon

To Iah,

The one who shattered my heart to a thousand pieces,
Reflections of my sallow and pale face mock me every time I look into a mirror. So, I looked at the silver moon. Isn’t it beautiful? Yes, it is. It was the same moon that lit up the night of our first date with its heavenly radiance. It is the very same moon that hid itself behind the dark clouds of rain to shower its blessings upon us when we first danced in the streets. I loved the silver moon for letting me love you. I thought you were an angel from heaven, spreading ecstasy in my life. But, I couldn’t see the demons you possessed in your heart beneath those flawlessly crafted sweet words… until now.
I look at the silver moon in the mirror and write the three words which I dreadfully wished to tell you, in a red ink of blood on a white paper of flesh. You will see them tomorrow when I am gone but, you will not hear them.
I’ll call you a vampire… because you sucked out all the love I had in me. I’ll call you a leech… because you fed yourself on my emotions. You were blind to my passion, to my devotion. All you could see was a prey. You abused my feelings and used my adoration to satisfy your hunger of ego. You said you would love me and hold my arm forever. But, I can feel the stiffness and reluctance in those arms, every time I hold them. You wanted someone to rule… someone to lead and you found that ‘the one’ in me. How can you forget that I have a life… that I have a dream… that I have some self respect?
Though, I gave it all up for you, we fought and fought till you drained my heart of all its blood… till you made me realize that I have been holding on to false hope all this while. When it is all over you ask me, “Do you love me?” Well, let the blood dripping on the floor from my wrist answer you. Meanwhile, I’ll close my eyes forever.
Between us, I hate the silver moon for letting me love you.

– Yours and forever yours,
Helen.

HannahGirl said...
Sept. 27, 2011 at 11:05 am
You have a really cool style of writing about the simplest of things in a most beautiful way and the most complex things in a simple way. I really like your writing. Keep up the good work.

Alexandra said...
Sept. 27, 2011 at 11:03 am
No offence or anything, but I never knew Indians could write so well on contemporary topics. Good work done here. I loved this.

Elizy said...
Sept. 27, 2011 at 11:01 am
This is my first time I started reading teen ink articles. But, from now on I will keep reading 'em. Especially yours. I loved this suicide note. Did you have any personal experience? If not, it would not have been so good.

Sunshine said...
Sept. 27, 2011 at 10:58 am
What caught my attention immediately was the phrase "with a red ink of blood, on a white paper of flesh". Amazing job.

LiLs said...
Sept. 27, 2011 at 10:56 am
I really do like this. Your way of expressing the narrator's grief was too good. I loved it. 

Susan said...
Sept. 27, 2011 at 10:55 am
Wow, this an amazing piece. I really felt the pain. I like it very much. You must keep writing.