Monsters

A small child of only 3 or 4, is sitting, crouched, in a corner. She is trembling. The blue ribbons that had once held her hair together in two soft locks, have slipped and fallen, now hanging limply on her shoulders and tangled in masses of dark black hair. Her mouth is clamped shut, and she is trying hard not to breath. Not to make any noise that might alert that thing outside of her presence. A sharp cry outside the closet door shatters her solid resolve. A soft keening escapes her lips. She knows the voice. She knows it well. It is ironic, she once thought monsters hid in her closet, and now, it is her safe haven from the monster outside the door. Claws scrape across the walls... getting closer... "Where are you little one?" She bites her lip to keep from screaming. Even she, at such a young age, still has the instinct of survival. The sound closes in on her hiding place. "I can hear your heart..." The child's heart beats faster in response. "...I can smell the blood, pulsing in your veins..." She shivers. "...The fear..." ...and then the claws stop in their tracks. The silence is heavy, and it crushes the poor girl. The only sound in the room is the pounding of the girls heart. The closet door opens. "Hello, little one." It smiles.

Fizza_98 said...
Sept. 8, 2011 at 4:34 am
amazing! totally mysterious! keep writting. :)

RosesRme replied...
Thanks! :D