The Ballerina

My eyes opened. I was enveloped in the darkness. The red numbers, 1:53, gleamed from my alarm clock. I layed perfectly still in bed, listening. Why was someone up this late? I could barely make out a faint tune. Something felt wrong. The atmosphere felt cold and a feeling of dread washed over me. I strained my ears, trying to hear for what I was fearing to come. The floorboards creeked ominously. Every muscle in my body froze. The melody steadily grew louder as footsteps approached my room ever so slowly. ..left.. right.. left.. right.. The footsteps echoed in my head with the eery song playing quietly in the background. It sounded like a music box. I could vision the little ballerina spinning, spinning, spinning, lost in her own little world. ..left.. right.. There was nothing but me and the music in the empty darkness. It was getting louder and louder, filling my head and violating my thoughts. It was the only thing that existed, left.. right.. left.. right.. Louder and louder and louder. It was driving me mad. My head was threatening to burst. Stop it! Make it stop! Stop! STOP! But these meaningless words never left my lips. For how could I say something so untrue? I never wanted the music to stop. I was paralyzed by the sound. It's melancholy tone was filled with sadness and beauty in every note. If it stopped, there would be nothingness again, the darkness swallowing me whole. ..left.. right.. left.. The footsteps stopped, but the music box continued to play its little song. The door knob began to slowly turn. I closed my eyes. Nobody is here.. it is all but darkness.. I am all alone.. I am nothing .. 90 degrees.. but then the music plays.. and I feel warmth and happiness.. I hear laughter.. I reach out for them.. 180 degrees.. but no one is there.. and then the music stops.. and it is cold and dark once more.. I am lost.. I am alone again.. 360 degrees. The door opened.

Anonymous_7 said...
Wow this is sooo amazing! Kinda creepy though, if you dont mind me saying. I really hope you make a part two!!!

AnniePham replied...
Sept. 3, 2011 at 5:44 pm :
thank you so much! :) im glad you liked it, and yea i was going for the creepier angle haha

andromeda13This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
oh my god i hope u make a part two!!! i really want to no what happens next! exellent story :)

AnniePham replied...
Sept. 3, 2011 at 5:45 pm :
thank you for the feedback! :) im happy you enjoyed it