Muse; Sorrow (Chapter 2) | Teen Ink

Muse; Sorrow (Chapter 2)

April 28, 2011
By OMGitsCHARLAY GOLD, Canton, New York
OMGitsCHARLAY GOLD, Canton, New York
12 articles 0 photos 17 comments

Favorite Quote:
"No one told me there were penguins in these cookies!!!!" ~ Me, Sophomore Year.


Rain fell heavily on the head of the chestnut haired girl as she made her way up the stone steps. Her eyes glanced from right to left, but no matter how hard she tried, she could not make out the shapes that lined the stairs. She shook her head to clear her vision, but nothing seemed to work. Cer turned her head to the stairs, which seemed almost never ending. She did not know where the stairs would lead, but she walked them every night in her sleep, and it was always the same. Blurry posts, never ending stairs. “Melpomene, it is almost your time, young one.” The voice caused Cer to jump, followed by her twisting her head, trying to find where the voice was coming from, but all she saw was the stairs and the mist. She could not help but think though, what did the voice mean by “her time”? Cer shook her head a bit as she continued the stairs. There had to be some sort of end to the, but there simply seemed to be none. “All in good time, young one.”


The author's comments:
This chapter is a bit small, mainly because it's a short dream sequence.