Guilty at heart

You know that feeling just before something that will change your life ether for the good or bad, well I just had that feeling. I ran to the window and looked out over the water. I saw nothing. That did not surprise me that much.

We live in a small cottage on the water. My mom works from five in the morning to eight at night. Until that time I watch my sister. She loves to fish.

I did not think to much about it. I sat down on the couch. I felt really tired so I closed my eyes for a second. When I opened them again I saw a small drawing pad next to me. Even more shocking was the pencil that was in my hand. I then realized it was me who was drawing the pictures. On the pad was a picture of the fishing whole and my sister was not there. I ran out back and sure enough she was gone.

I ran to the phone and called 911.

“Hello 911 whats your emergency” the lady on the other end said.

“I cant find my sister” I said. I gave her all my info then I went out back to check again. The water was so clear you could see your reflection and the sand with the little tire swing not moving in the clear day. My sisters fishing pole was laying on the ground. I called out her name a few times.

I felt tired again so I sat on the swing on the deck. Again when I reopened my eyes the pad was on the ground next to me. This time it was my sister laying in a van. Her hands where tied and she seemed to be unconscious.
Not long after the police came and knocked on the door. I filled them in on the whole story and
I left out the drawings I knew what was going on now. They looked around and then they left.

That night I drew one last picture. My sister laying on the ground in a hole. She was being buried alive. Her eyes where wide with fright. I felt so helpless as I looked down at the piece of paper. I wanted to tell someone but I knew no one would ever believe me. As I laid down on my bed I thought of how she felt.

“poor, poor Kayla” I thought. “To bad she had to die, she was so young”

TwinnBears27 said...
Jul. 5, 2011 at 2:43 pm:
Tragic story. It made sad, but at the same time I really liked the idea behind the piece, although it could use some clarification at the beginning. Nice job!

Andy B. said...
May 14, 2011 at 2:25 pm:
I'm not quite sure I completely understood the plot. Either way, the writing was good. I like first-person narratives! Cheers!

tikapeek97 replied...
May 14, 2011 at 2:30 pm :
Thanks for your comment :)