The Last of Me | Teen Ink

The Last of Me

April 26, 2011
By Ink_Heart BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
Ink_Heart BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
3 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Life is a storybook. You must put forth effort to make it a happily ever after."
-briannstiii


She smiles, "I am so glad to see you today." There is a disturbing pause of dead silence. It is too quiet in this room. Four blank walls, one black door, one way in, one way out. She chuckles, "Did you hear me? I said I'm happy to see you." She tilts her head to one side. "Why won't you answer..." she creaks. The dark figure she was talking to steps forward. He has no face, just a shadow.

"You know, I was beginning to worry. I thought you were going to leave me here! How long has it been? Maybe three months? Hmm?"

The black figure doesn't say a word, but walks behind her and gently reaches for her wrists.

"What are you doing?" she says anxiously.

He doesn't say anything. He continues by tying her hands behind her back, then pushes down on her shoulders as a gesture for her to sit on this cold cement floor.

"Why did you tie my hands?" she say with a growing anger. The silhouette heads for the way out, but she thrusts her legs out strongly, suddenly tripping him. "Just where do you think you are going?" she says trying to control her boiling madness. The figure gets up, brushes off his shirt and walks towards the black door once more.

Just as he reaches for the handle, she says, "You better not leave me here... I'm warning you," trying to hold in her desire to yell, "you said i could leave, now let me." He twists the door handle. "Don't leave me!" she screams, so loud that even she jumps to the power of her own voice. She quivers, all alone in that silent cell, staring out into space.

"You have not heard the last of me..." The silhouette opens the black door and exits. She lets out a horrific scream, so horrific anyone could have mistaken it as a response to a brutal stabbing.

"You have not heard the last of me! Do you hear me?! Not the last" she continues to scream, as she brakes her skull on the concrete floor. She begins to sob, and black tears run down her numb face. She lifts her head up from this solid ground and looks up...

What is she looking for? "The black silhouette." What? Can... can you hear me? "Yes." How? "Turn around." What are you doing?! Why are you tying my hands?! "Your in an insane asylum. You need to stay here." Just where do you think your going? You better not leave... I'm warning you. "I am leaving, if you wouldn't trip me. I will be back to check on you." Don't leave me! You have not heard the last of me! Do you hear me?! Not the last!

"You probably shouldn't bang your head on the floor... it makes you crazy."