Watch your Back | Teen Ink

Watch your Back

April 19, 2011
By Anonymous

It was a dark, gloomy winter night. Cassie’s body was quivering as she walked through the streets of her neighborhood. It was late. Very late. All she could hear was the sound of the wind blowing through the trees and the owl in the tree up ahead. All she could see was nothing...nothing but black

Chills ran all through all down her spine. It was a scary setting, but she had to get away from her family. Her family was creating a burning sensation inside of her. A flame that never stopped burning. So she left. She had to. And this is where she found herself, walking the streets with nowhere to go.
All of a sudden she heard a noise behind her. She shook it off. But her heart kept racing. The noise grew louder. Thump. Thump. Thump. This sent a rush of adrenaline through her body and she began to run as fast as she possibly could. Sure enough, the noise got even louder. It was chasing her...whatever it was. She felt a hand on her back, screamed at the top of her lungs and bolted forward with every bit of energy she had left. “Stop running from me.” the gruff voice mumbled in her ear.
Up ahead she noticed a patch of woods that she knew led to a nearby town. This may be her only escape. She reached the woods and threw herself into them. All she could do was to hope for the best. Landing amidst the sticks she could feel her flesh tear from the ground that she landed on. Quickly she got to her feet and continued to run. She still heard him, but he had fallen behind. She felt a small amount of hope within her, until she noticed a tall object running towards her. Her heard began to race faster and faster and before she knew it, it had tackled her to the ground.