My Horrid Past

My name is Max and I came into the world on May 25, 1997. That’s not my story, it’s when I dropped out.
It all happened on a slightly chilly midnight on May 24, 2007 I was fast asleep when a sudden crash from down stairs startled me up. I sat up and looked around my room, and then I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. Now terrified I lay in bed hopping it wouldn’t decide to drop by my room first. As it walked closer toward my room and my parents’ room I kept my eyes locked on the phone near my bed. Then I heard the silent cries of my mom then two gun shots that broke the still silence. I quickly lunged for the phone and dialed 911. “Hello.” A young woman answered. “Someone broke in and they have a gun, they are in my parents’ room and I think they shot them.” I whispered quickly and silently. “Calm down please tell me where you live.” She said calmly. Before I could answer the door suddenly sung open and a man dressed in black walked in. I froze in complete shocked, the woman on the other end trying to contact me. “Say one word and I pull the trigger.” He uttered placing the gun on the left side of my head. I took a deep shaky breath and looked at the dark hallway at my mom’s and dad’s opened door. “Help” I whispered into the phone and then the man pulled the trigger. I fell on my back onto my bed letting the phone slip out of my hand. The man picked up the phone and turned it off then walked out. I laid there my head throbbing in pain my vision becoming blurry. I stared at the clock, staring at the still numbers of 12:59 just minutes from my ten year old birthday. Then they moved they came to life striking one in the morning. I closed my eyes hopping to subside the pain, seeing red and black then I fell asleep.
Suddenly I sat up no pain. I looked around then smiled and ran toward my parents’ room. No one was inside but then I heard the sirens brake through the dark silent night. I ran down stairs and out the door. I saw what looked like millions of police cars and ambulances. I saw my dad talking to a police officer who was writing things on a notepad. My mom was crying on my dads shoulder and he looked like he may cry too. I ran up in front of them and said, “Mom dad I’m okay look I’m right here!” They didn’t seem to notice me. Then my mom lifted her head. “ Why would someone kill an innocent boy, my baby boy?” She sobbed. “Mom I’m right here I’m not dead!” I cried as I watched a few of the ambulance crew run into the house.
Nothing as if I weren’t alive. I turned toward the male police officer my eyes full of tears. “Tell them I’m right here tell them I’m not dead!” I cried now crying. It’s like they can’t here or see me. I turned back to my parents and lunged to hug them but I flow through and landed face first behind them. Then the ambulance crew ran out of the house someone on the rolling bed. I stood up to get a better look and saw me. The bullet wound, my chest perfectly still so pail I looked like snow. Then I finally realized what was going on. I looked at my hands then I looked down. “Why?” I sobbed. “ Why me why now?” Then something landed in front of me. I looked up and saw a boy about my age maybe older. Jet black hair and very bright blue eyes. He wore a dark blue almost black shirt and wrangler pants. “ Come on.” He smiled. He was here to take me to heaven but I wasn’t going to move not an inch. His smile faded. “ Your not going to stay here are you?” I nodded. “ What are you going to do they can’t see you they can’t hear you.” He explained. “I’m not dead.” I uttered then he looked down. “Isn’t your body proof enough?” He cried. I looked at my lifeless body. “ I’m not moving.” I snapped then he grabbed my arm and pulled me away from the crushing scene toward the forest. “ No I never got to say good bye!” I screamed trying to resist being pulled. Then I remembered the small pocket knife that my dad had given me and it may be my only reminder that they existed. I pulled it out and lunged for the boy slicing his upper left eyebrow. He screamed and let go but before I could take my first step of freedom he lunged for me grabbing my arms and again pulling me away from my life. Now letting him pull me away I stared at my house as we grow farther and farther away. “Never!” I thought. “Never again well I remember this day never again well I celebrate my birthday. And I promise that who ever killed me well pay and until I find them I won’t rest until I do.” Then it hit me a ghost is invisible no mortal can see them. “ And never again though I wish I could I’ll never be able to see my mom and dad.” But ever since then my greatest birthday wish is to , even if for the last time, see my parents and to just say I love them and I never left.

Max Quapell

To remember my past even though it hurts too much to.

Chrysaora said...
This was interesting; It had me hooked from beginning to end. I don't know if this is a sequel, but try to develop Max a bit more. (character development). But it's written well. Hope to read more!

_Zavery_This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Amaazing,  so gripping! Please post more stuff up, and come to me if you need ideas.   =D

Guinn replied...
Aug. 16, 2011 at 12:25 am
Thanks. And i keep posting things, and anytime i'm stumped i'll ask you for help.

AmySeldom said...
Apr. 24, 2011 at 2:23 am
WOW!!! Sooooo good!

Guinn replied...
Thanks for the comment.

Paranormal4Ever said...
awesome thriller! I love it, keep writing!

Guinn replied...
Thanks for the comment and I'm glade you liked it.

darkpurple96 said...
awesome story!!! i almost cried. keep on writing!!!!

Guinn replied...
this story even made my friends cry and thanks i love comments. And don't worry i'll keep on writing.

Radiah said...
Apr. 2, 2011 at 3:01 am
Great story. Keep writing!

Guinn replied...
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PJD17 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
great story keep writing  could you please check out and comment on my story Manso's Shame  i would really appreciate the feedback

Guinn replied...
Thanks for the comment and sure I'll check your stuff out.

GabrielB said...
This is really cool! Keep it up! Check out my stuff if you have a chance please!

Guinn replied...
Thanks I love comments. And yes I'll be glade to keep writing and sure I'll cheeck out some of your stuff.