Teenagers Imagination | Teen Ink

Teenagers Imagination

March 23, 2011
By Dorey BRONZE, Belle Plaine, Minnesota
Dorey BRONZE, Belle Plaine, Minnesota
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

We have all seen those movies that are supposed to be scary. Some, you would think are made for children under the age of five. Then, there are the movies that scare the living daylights out of us. As teenagers, we don’t always admit to being scared. We go to the movies with friends to see the latest scary movie. At the end, we say that it was the lamest movie ever. When we get home, though, that’s another story. Our imaginations take over. Imagine these scenarios, and see if your imagination runs wild.

1.) You’re laying in bed, trying to fall asleep. Your room is directly under the attic. The house is dead silent and everyone else is asleep. You’re almost asleep when you hear the sound of creaking above you. It sounds like it’s going back and forth above your head. You try to drown out the sound and go back to sleep because you tell yourself it’s just your imagination. It seems to get louder and louder. It goes back and forth, back and forth.

2.) It’ a hot summer day, in the hour before dark. There’s a soft breeze, so you have the doors open a crack. The doors are squeaky because your dad hadn’t gotten around to oiling it. You’re family has left the you home alone. In the past couple of weeks, there has been a spree of murders in your town. You are in the kitchen making yourself a sandwich. You aren’t paying attention to anything and you hear it. The sound of the door sliding open. Then, you hear the door squeakily closed. You are paralyzed with fear while footsteps slowly make their way towards you.

3.) You live out in the country,surrounded by woods. On the news, there has been sightings of a cougar in the area around you. You’re family has been bugging you all day and night, and you need to get away. It is dark and you can’t stay in the house for another minute.You grab your coat and make your way through the woods. It’s a cool September night, and the moon is bright, illuminating the woods around you. You’re walking along, not paying attention when you hear rustling. The rustling seems to be coming from behind you. It sounds like something large moving in the underbrush.

4.) You are walking home from a friend’s house. To get to your house, you have to walk through the bad part of town. Alleyways are everywhere.There isn’t anyone in sight. The sun has just gone down. You can’t stand the quiet, so you put your headphones on and listen to music. You’re walking along, and all of a sudden, you feel like someone is watching you. You look back, and a figure darts into an alleyway.

5.) You’re home alone for the night. There’s a thunderstorm raging outside. You’re doing your homework. You glance over at your neighbor’s. Your neighbor is strange. He’s an older man with the coldest eyes you’ve ever seen. Every time he sees you, he stares at you, as if he wants to kill you. you go back to your homework. You’re almost done with it when the lights go out. You get up, as if to go down to the kitchen to get a flashlight. You stop when you hear your front door open and close. You hear footsteps slowly make their way up the stairs. You slam your door closed, and put your ear to it. You hear the footsteps start down the hall towards your room, where they stop at your door. You stop breathing, listening with all your might. You jump back when you hear the pounding. It sounds like the person is trying to break down the door.

Teenagers may not always admit it, but we do get scared. Even if we don’t admit it, we may find ourselves thinking of these scenarios, and more, while we are by ourselves. Our imaginations may go wild, and blow them out of proportion. So next time, when we go to the latest scary movie, even though we don’t admit it, our imaginations are running wild.