The Camp Killer | Teen Ink

The Camp Killer

The silver raindrops were almost invisible coming down from the pitch-black sky. The only light was the linen white full moon. The green grass was saturated from the cold rain and barley any light from the moon showed through the multiple northern red oak trees on the vacant camp site. There was one lone tent in the middle of the camp site under the largest northern red oak. The tree covered the tent with its heavy, full branches acting as a blanket over the tent. The tent was small and orange. Even though it was small, there was enough room for three people to sleep comfortably inside. The orange tent had a cover over the top to make sure no water went through the mesh material that made up the top. Through the single, unzipped window in the front of the tent was a girl rocking back and forth. She looked scared and worried.
Normally the girl, Ciara, is self-confident and tenacious, characteristics that helped her to create a successful designer clothing business. However being left alone in the tent by her friend for the last two hours, has left her doubting her ability to handle being alone. A job in fashion was fit for this beautiful, bleach blonde, and almost emaciated looking, 5’8” girl. Also, it helps that she is intelligent, outgoing, and friendly. While Ciara is contemplating where her friend was, she was oblivious to the dangers lurking outside the zipped tent. High up in one of the northern red oak trees, was Megan. Megan was petit with tight brown curly hair that was pulled back tightly into a ponytail. Megan also has problems with making the right decisions ever since the tragedy. The big chocolate brown eyes that Megan had had been watching Ciara intently through her night vision binoculars. The binoculars were small enough to fit in her pocket of her black skinny jeans, light weight, and advanced in technology. Megan had been stalking Ciara waiting for her to be vulnerable, like she is now, before she attacked.
Megan jumped from where she was perched in the tree and started to sneak toward the tent. Ciara heard one of the twigs snap from under the weight of Megan and went into a panic. Megan saw the fear in her big chocolate brown eyes just like the fear had been in her eyes when she witnessed her father’s murder.

PJD17 SILVER said...
PJD17 SILVER, Belleville, Illinois

I do the best imatation of myself- Ben Folds

you do a good job of describing the surroundings, and the idea is interesting, but this seems like more of a fragment of  a story  still good though  could you look at some of my work?