Teddy Bear

I woke up to a cold chill that came through my window. As I sat up in my bed I shivered, and got up. I walked towards my window I noticed that it was shut.
I looked around to see where the breeze could have came from, and saw nothing. I walked slowly back to my bed to lie down and go back to bed. As I closed my eyes I once again felt a breeze.
I shot up in bed to see what had cause it, and once again saw nothing. Suddenly feeling scared I covered my head with my blanket, and almost instantly I felt the breeze once again. Yet, I didn't sit up. I stayed there in that spot hoping it would go away. It kept getting stronger, until finally it was as if a wind was blowing directly on the back of my neck.
I slowly pushed back the covers just a tad, hoping to get a glimpse of what mysterious thing was causing this. I could hear my heart thumping in my head, and was afraid that "it" could hear it too. Finally the covers were a centimeter away from my eyes, and the wind remained.
And as quickly as ripping of a band aid, I pulled back the covers. But, I was unprepared to see the white figure standing beside my bed. Wind blowing through her. It wasn't a creepy figure though.
I could tell it was a women although very pale and almost see through, with black long flowing hair down to her hips. She was wearing a white dress, and a small pear necklace. In hear arms was a teddy bear, which she set beside me slowly.
I tried to scream but no words came out. She put her figures to her mouth as if to say, "Shhh." Then she smiled, and slowly started to disappear.
I looked at the teddy bear, which was real. Wondering what the reason was that she would leave such a weird object at my bedside. Stitched on its stomach were the words, 'For My Son Sathers'.
The bear as stayed on my bed for as long as I remember. Today I'm 37 and have 2 children of my own. And still the mystery of the bear remains. The picture of the woman is still perfect in my mind. Sometimes, I feel her still come and stand over me. But I'm not afraid.
Neither should you... right?

RandiRose said...
Oh my gosh! Very good!! Will you please check out my writing and tell me what you think?

sarahmcmurtry replied...
Aug. 29, 2012 at 9:24 pm :
thanks! i'll look at your writing asap! watch for a comment

sarahmcmurtry said...
Right now im in the middle of writing a sequal. Thatll explain everything. I dont hav my computer right now and am using my phone right now, but it should be posted soon. Thanks for your opinion though Meegan.

Meeegan said...
I am sorry but I am confused. Can someone explain the"For my son sathers" part and why we shouldn't be afraid of her? It was very well written and I think it's just me who doesn't understand.

Laura said...
Sept. 18, 2011 at 3:59 am:
i really think this should go in the magazine, just because i always get it, and most of them i bet most ppl dont like. but this is worth reading instead of about someones dumb dead dog and how they feel about change.

sarahmcmurtry replied...
Oct. 14, 2011 at 3:04 pm :
thank you SO! much

coco_puff's said...
Sept. 18, 2011 at 3:58 am:
awesome. pretty good

Peter_Griffin_:) said...
Sept. 18, 2011 at 3:55 am:
its ok i guess. id like more funny things. but i guess this kind of writing is good to

LALA replied...
Sept. 18, 2011 at 3:57 am :

U guess, sarahmcmurtry dont listen to him. seriously if u want comedy dont be looking at thriller/mystery. i mean really r u stupid.  dont be commenting that u think somethings good wehn u know u wont like it before u even read it.

I LOVED IT BTW

Rocks_Ur_SOX said...
Sept. 18, 2011 at 3:54 am:
man i've been writing all my life and i've never bee this good. i'm kinda jelous have to admit.

M&M_Juice said...
Sept. 18, 2011 at 3:53 am:
will u make a sequil.  i wanna know what happens. this thing is flippin sweet

dude_makey said...
Sept. 18, 2011 at 3:52 am:
man this thing is awesome.  i really like how u make it sound kinda creepy and eariy soundin

sarahmcmurtry said...
OMG thanks!

-____- said...
Sept. 10, 2011 at 9:12 am:
this was a good thriller story you wrote, but i think the ending could f been better

hahaguurl said...
How is this not in the magazine yet

hoops_shoots said...
U HAVE TO WRITE A SEQUIL

gertp said...
The mystery makes it amazing

cecerock said...
I really like the ending

bettyboop said...
This is the best I think

megamurtryfan said...
May 31, 2011 at 4:28 pm:
I love your writings so much!!!! please keep writing. i think you will make it big if you were to write for a newspaper or a magazine!!!!!!