Escape

Nightfall was brewing as a young couple paced down the cobblestone streets. The boy had a worried look on his face as he pulled the girl by her arm, tears streaming down her red cheeks. “Hurry or we’ll get caught and thrown back into the dungeon,” the boy whispered urgently. The boy yanked harder on the girl’s arm as they hurried faster down the street.

The girl, trying not to trip at every winding twist and turn they took, remembered the fragile words her mother had spoken to her not long before they had escaped “Don’t stop fighting, together we can win.” The phrase rang in her head like church bells as she gazed at the cross the hung loosely around her neck.

Dimly lit off in the distance was the forest, which she knew they were heading into. She felt the boy’s pulse elevate and she knew well he was getting nervous. They crossed the field with footsteps as quick as lightning, the wind chanting songs in their ears.

After they had entered the forest, the girl turned the tables on the boy and yanked him back. A look of trouble and confusion sprawled across his face as he collapsed to his knees on the ground. The girl sat directly in front of the boy and stared deeply into his eyes, giving him a sense of false hope. She gently grabbed his hands and sputtered out, “ Don’t stop fighting together we can win.”

shawnrbliss said...
Mar. 11, 2011 at 5:23 pm:
Continue it. I like it.

RobbieTheGirl said...
Mar. 9, 2011 at 7:44 pm:
Really good! I really liked it!