Escape | Teen Ink

Escape

February 13, 2011
By CocoCrayz12 SILVER, San Antonio, Texas
CocoCrayz12 SILVER, San Antonio, Texas
7 articles 0 photos 15 comments

Favorite Quote:
Let's not and say we did!


Nightfall was brewing as a young couple paced down the cobblestone streets. The boy had a worried look on his face as he pulled the girl by her arm, tears streaming down her red cheeks. “Hurry or we’ll get caught and thrown back into the dungeon,” the boy whispered urgently. The boy yanked harder on the girl’s arm as they hurried faster down the street.

The girl, trying not to trip at every winding twist and turn they took, remembered the fragile words her mother had spoken to her not long before they had escaped “Don’t stop fighting, together we can win.” The phrase rang in her head like church bells as she gazed at the cross the hung loosely around her neck.

Dimly lit off in the distance was the forest, which she knew they were heading into. She felt the boy’s pulse elevate and she knew well he was getting nervous. They crossed the field with footsteps as quick as lightning, the wind chanting songs in their ears.

After they had entered the forest, the girl turned the tables on the boy and yanked him back. A look of trouble and confusion sprawled across his face as he collapsed to his knees on the ground. The girl sat directly in front of the boy and stared deeply into his eyes, giving him a sense of false hope. She gently grabbed his hands and sputtered out, “ Don’t stop fighting together we can win.”


The author's comments:
I wrote this for an essay contest at school. I made it to district. I got a medal. I put it on here to see how good it really is. Feedback is greatly appreciated.