Prologue

My eyes opened to a warm light shining upon my face. I reached out for it, realizing I was lying on my back. I reached further, trying to sit up but couldn’t. The light shone brighter, blinding me… as the light faded slowly and my vision returned I looked around me. All around me were televisions, each showing something different. One showed children running and laughing, another showed soldiers shooting and people screaming. So many scenes… I closed my eyes tightly and opened them again, hoping it all disappeared. Suddenly the light disappeared again. It was pitch-black and suddenly my heart began to race. I tried pushing myself up but I couldn’t even move my arms, I screamed out.

Nothing came to my rescue. It felt like hours I had lied there in the dark. I screamed until I lost my voice, I begged for whoever had me to let me go and I fought with the things holding me down. As my eyes drooped and my breaths slowed, music started to play. The music was like nothing I have ever heard, it was slow and it twisted my thoughts.

I screamed out one last time… I had no more words or strength to save myself. I felt like dying would be better.

A flash of light blinded me once more, the televisions all turned on at once. It was me… I was looking at everything surrounding me. I looked up at the camera watching me; it moved to get a better view. I turned back to a television and saw myself strapped to a torture bed-looking device. There was a table next to me. I stared at it, it held knives, sheers, pens, bloody gloves, pill bottles and shots with liquid bottles next to them but that wasn’t what scared me. The thing that scared me the most was the paper next to it with my name on it, my age, eye color, natural hair color and even my height and weight. Suddenly I felt nauseous and weak; tears rolled down my cheeks as I screamed louder and louder. I begged God to save me; I demanded where I was and who was holding me.

“Young child, your screams are worthless and no use fighting. You are not here to be tormented or hurt in anyway. You are just here for testing.” A voice came from all sides.

“Testing for what?” I sobbed.

“Testing how you react to the truth.”

“Why not someone else and not me?” I whispered

“You are special. Usually we test people since all humans are different and we return them before they realize they are missing… You get to stay here.”

“For how long?” I yelled.

“Forever.”

I fought against the straps that held me and cursed and screamed. Suddenly people in masks came in through a door; they had hidden faces and bloody gloves on. I screamed in terror and cried as they grabbed my limbs and started injecting the shots into me.

I couldn’t speak, my breaths forcefully slowed and I became tired. As the world around me spiraled a woman took off her gloves and mask.

“Don’t!” one of the others said.

“She is just a frightened child; she deserves at least some answers.” The woman snapped back, she turned to me and stroked my hair.

I mumbled the words, “Why can’t I go home?”

She smiled sadly, “This is your home and I will protect you. Now sleep, child.”

As I tried to open my mouth blackness consumed me.

miranda said...
I know you do not know me, but my name is Miranda.  I am Meghan's cousin.  She sent me an e-mail asking to read this and rate it, so here I am. 
I think this is really good.  This part gives just enough information to keep you hooked, but not so much that it completely gives the story away. 
This seems to have a great storyline, and you are a very good writer.
KEEP IT UP!!! (:
Love,
    Miranda

Pageasaurus_Rex replied...
OHEHMGEE THANK YOU!!! I like feel all bubbily and happy!!

majorfannatic replied...

Hey, Page, its Reggie. Loved the story the first time I read it and I still love it! Amazing story!

P.S. (my mom wanted me to tell you) James and the Mrs. say hi!

April said...
This is very creative. Im sure this is going to be great. If you are wondering how I saw this, Meghan showed me. :)

Pageasaurus_Rex replied...
Feb. 8, 2011 at 8:18 am
Yah she showed mee thanks! :3

laneyjo said...
Feb. 7, 2011 at 9:21 am
it is awsome so cool

Pageasaurus_Rex replied...
Feb. 7, 2011 at 11:20 am
Thanks![: Its greatly appreciated byond measure.

Sadielib said...
I LOVE IT!!!!!

Pageasaurus_Rex replied...
Thank ya Meghan! ;D

rootbeer said...
Feb. 4, 2011 at 11:33 am
hey page this is so cool i wish i could get published i think they rejected me i'm sad now I WANT TO GET PUBLISHED!!!!! it is not fair but you did good so i will stop pouting

Pageasaurus_Rex replied...
Feb. 4, 2011 at 11:44 am
If they didn't publish it they might haven't looked at it yet. Ask Moege to look at it in her free time and maybe she can tell you what might be wrong. Then if you fix it I'm sure they'll publish it if you re-submit it [;

Gillian =] said...

GO PAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's awsome, i hope lots of people read it

Pageasaurus_Rex replied...
Feb. 4, 2011 at 7:55 am
Well I see I've gotten 23 views already, 1 rating and 1 comment (You, Gillian) so I'm actually pretty happy about it.