The Thanksgiving Church | Teen Ink

The Thanksgiving Church

January 27, 2011
By ballerina89 BRONZE, Lagrangeville, New York
ballerina89 BRONZE, Lagrangeville, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

My name is Anni Gundeck, remember that throughout the story.

It all started on Thanksgiving day last year. My mom and I had helped out at my church that day at a Thanksgiving lunch and I had forgotten my tea thermos. We went back that night to get it and it was pitch black outside. When we got there I noticed that there was a queer light on upstairs. I asked my mom what it was and she said someone had probably just left the light on that day. I believed her but I couldn't stop thinking that there was someone in the church with us. As we were driving away from the church I saw someone looking out of a window upstairs in the church. I felt a cold shiver down my spine when I saw it, but I never told anyone.
That night I had a terrifying dream that I had snuck into the church after I went to bed that night. I went upstairs and there was a man in the room with the odd light. I was killed; but it was just a dream… right?

One year later…

It was exactly a year after I saw the head in the window. It was a cold fall evening when I went to bed. Later that night I woke up and I was standing in front of a gravestone at my church. It read "Anni Gundeck 1999-2009. Found dead in this church." Suddenly, I disappeared and was never seen again.