Dauntless Sara | Teen Ink

Dauntless Sara

January 20, 2011
By Sammee Thomas SILVER, Park City, Utah
Sammee Thomas SILVER, Park City, Utah
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Once upon a time there lived an adroit, young baker. Her name was Sara; she was beautiful and very talented. She used either of her hands to paint frosting onto her many delicious pastries, she was ambidextrous from birth. One day, a young boy, named Henry, walked into the bakery asking to be her apprentice. She’d never had anyone work with her before.

Sara didn’t think it was a good idea until she realized how destitute he was. She finally came to a conclusion and told him he was hired but on one condition. He had to economize all the money earned and be very frugal with what he buys. He agreed and got to work. Sara made it clear that even though the bakery was very affluent; his salary was only $6 an hour.

Henry didn’t like that because he had such avarice because he wanted a new bike. He wanted a new bike so badly that he decided to just steal some of the money after the store closed and covet it for his desires.

Later that day before the store was about to close, Henry called one of his friends to see if they would help him. Foolishly enough, Sara was standing right behind him, listening to the conversation. She now had a plan to stay after work and catch the villains. Being as audacious as she is, she still felt apprehensive.

It was now closing time and Henry was in the store as planned, taking the money from the cash register. Sara exploited her knowledge and jumped out from the corner to bust him. He cravenly cowered until the police came to take him away. And that was the day Sara dauntlessly caught a villain.