Decoys... | Teen Ink

Decoys...

By Misstonijean BRONZE, Wellston, Michigan
Misstonijean BRONZE, Wellston, Michigan

Love is friendship on fire.

‘She could see her breath as she exhaled. she was walking down Cranberry Lake Trail; it was about 10 at night. When she got to the shore of the lake, she sat down to catch my breath.

It kinda sounded like fireworks going off. But, it couldn’t have been. And it sounded really close. Then shortly after, she heard a scream for help. She quickly jumped to her feet. Turning her head to look around, she didn’t see anything. She heard the noise again, it kinda sounds like a gun. She heard a cry following the strange noise. She started running towards where the noise was coming from. She crouched down behind a bush and stayed there for a couple minutes to catch her breath.

She happened to turn around and she seen two shadows. she stood up a little to see two guys torturing this women. She quickly grabbed her phone to call 911.
“911. What’s your emergency?”
“I was taking a walk down Cranberry lake Trail; and I heard this weird noise. So I walked around trying to find it and when I finally found it, I seen two guys torturing this girl. I need help. Now!!”
“Okay, ma’am, stay on the line please.”
“Yes ma’am.”

A couple minutes later I heard a car pull up behind me. I turned around and I seen the cop logo on the side of the squad car. I walked toward the officer.
“What’s going on miss?”
“Well, I was walking down this trail and I heard this loud noise. I didn’t know what it was so I went to look around and I crouched down for a second then I turned around and seen this.”

She showed the police officer what she had seen. He was in shock.
“I know those two guys. About three years ago, they were killing women they met on this phone hotline. We never caught them but now it’s time to bring these guys down.”

He grabbed his gun and slowly walked towards the guys. She followed behind. He held his hand back signaling her to stay behind so she stopped. She closed her eyes, and she heard a gunshot. She quickly opened them. She saw the cop on the ground. She smiled, and looked up. The two guys were walking towards her,
“Nice job, Alex.” One of the guys said.
“Yea, way to lure the cop in. You’re good.” The other guy said.
“Thanks. Not bad for my first time huh?”
“Not bad at all. But let’s get him tied up and put him in the back of the truck.” The first guy said.
“Okay, but what are we going to do about the girl?”
“You finish her off.”

The guys handed me a gun.
“Shoot her. Right between the eyes. “
“O-okay.” Alex said.

She grabbed the gun and pointed at the women.
“I’m so sorry.” Alex whispered.

She closed her eyes and slowly pulled the trigger. She jumped when the gun shot off. She opened her eyes and seen the blood splattered everywhere on the ground. She dropped the gun.
“Nicely done. You passed.” The first guy said.
“Passed what?” Alex asked.
“You’re with us.” The second guy said.

She smiled and put the cop’s body and the woman’s body in the back of the truck. She heard footsteps approaching her. She turned around and saw the two guys, both holding a gun to her.
“Wha-what are you guys doing?” She asked.
“We decided that you’re a little too young and you seen way too much for us to let you walk.”
“But, I-I won’t say anything. I promise. I’ll just keep my mouth shut and not say anything.”
“No, we risked too much by letting you do this now. We can’t risk anymore.” The first guy said.
“Yea, you did a good job by taking care of our light work, now we have to finish the rest.” The second guy said as he cocked the gun.

Alex shut her eyes and took a deep breath in, when she exhaled the gun had shot off and she felt a really sharp pain in her abdomen. She fell to the ground, choking on her blood. A few seconds later, she was gone.’

I opened my eyes from remembering that horrible night I had witnessed. I remembered everything perfectly. Not that I wanted too.
“Are you sure that all that had happened, Emalyn?”
“Yes sir.” I looked up at the detective.
“Okay, thank you for all your help. You may go now.” Detective Thompson replied.
“Okay.” I got up from the chair and started to open the door.
“Wait, one more question, did you catch the name of the guys?”
“No sir. I’m sorry.”
“Okay, thanks. You may go. Have a goodnight and get some rest.”
“Yes sir. You have a goodnight too.”

I walked out the door and headed home. I walked up my front porch and I noticed the door was cracked. I slowly opened the door and turned on the kitchen light. I walked into the living room and seen the two guys standing there. Waiting for me.
“Hello Emalyn.” The first guy said.
“What do you guys want?” I asked.
“Your life.” The first guy said.
“We know you saw what happened. And now we have to take care of you too. This won’t hurt a lot, just relax and you won't even know what happened.”

All of a sudden I heard a loud noise and felt a sharp pain and landed on the floor. I seen a pool of blood surrounding me… And everything fades to black……

i was just bored so i wrote this. i think i coulda done a little better yet again i wrote this at 2 in the morning. lol