Heart

What was she thinking leaving her cell phone at home? She never left home without it and now she was starting to believe she was lost. She was lost in the middle of the woods with no one to help her find her way.

She had walked ten miles in the wrong direction. She had been chasing her dog and made a wrong turn and now she was fighting frost bite in her fingers and toes. It was in the single digits that night and all she had on was her softball hoodie and sweat pants. She began calling out for her dog again, hoping that he would somehow find his way back to her and save her, but her destiny was already predestined.

she wasn't scared until she began hearing noises. The first was far off behind her. It sounded like a small animal rustling in the bushes. She put the thought of it being any danger to her out of her mind and sat against a tree. Her knees were aching and her feet her numb. The snow under her sweatpants began to melt. Her pants were wet in a matter of minutes, but she didn't have the energy to get back up.

She heard the noise again, this time much closer and much louder. For the first time she didn't feel alone anymore, however this feeling wasn't a comfort for her. She looked around for any sort of weapon to fight off whatever may come at her, but she saw nothing, but a white blanket of snow.

The noises grew louder and closer every minute that passed and she grew more scared by the second.
She knew whatever it was it would surly kill her for she was so exhausted she wouldn't put up much of a fight.

She was on the verge of tears when the noises abruptly stopped. Everything was silent expect her heavy breathing. She looked around, nothing was any different. Then she felt a gust of cold air and heard a thumping sound. As the noise began to get louder it started to resemble a heart beat. she knew nothing that loud could be her heart. Then the beat began to fade and as the beat faded she began to feel weak. As the beat began to become unaudible she knew what had come for her, the thing she had feared the most.... Death.

TerraTAZz said...
Nov. 30, 2010 at 9:06 am
thank you :), yes i will

Lay17 said...
Nov. 29, 2010 at 10:42 am

You gave me chills!!!!!!! Keep writing.

Can you check out some of my work plz?

TerraTAZz said...
Glad you enjoyed! Thank you very much for commenting my work and for reading it!

TerraTAZz said...
:) thank you for commenting!

skyler_anne said...
This is great! so suspenseful. i loved it

Sirenarose said...
Nov. 25, 2010 at 3:03 am
Very surreal and suspenseful, i liked the build up of energy and i really liked the ending. Try a bit more imagery and  there are a few spelling mistakes, but over all i loved it!