The secret

On November 4, 1979 something unusual happened. the cows in the pasture started running around crazy. Mama and Papa ran out of the house to see what the issue was, but weirdest thing is that they could not find it. Instead they rounded them up and put them in the barn so that they would calm down.
I was looking out the window, only I know what happened that afternoon. It's a little secret of mine. No one knows about my secret now even my closest sisters. First of all I think you should know a little bit about me. My name is Isabella Marie Curry. I'm in 8th Grade. My best friend is my pets, Sadie (dog) , Pixie (dog), Trixie (dog), and Sammy(cat). I have three sisters and a little brother. Michelle's the oldest,(14), Charlotte (15), Beverly (14), we call her Bev. I'm 13, and my little brother is Maxwell,(8) we call him Max. Okay now I'll tell you my secret.

My special top secret that nobody knows is...... that I can see spirits.
No it's true! I know everything there is to know about spirits. The reason the cows went crazy is because a ghostly figure scare them. Its hard to explain, but it's true. I remember this one time that I was sleeping and I woke up to the sound of whistling. Then when woke up barely awake i heard someone call my name ......... I-s-a-b-e-l-l-a! It was a ghostly sound that sent chills up your spine. I didn't see anyone. It must have been a dream.

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 25, 2011 at 5:17 am:
Hm. Pretty creative, but it seemed a little bit undeveloped. Also, maybe you didn't mean this, but you say Michelle is the oldest and is 14, but Charlotte is 15... A typo? Anyway, develop it and maybe add more to the story. :)

rage_against_the_machine said...
Good idea for a story.. could be a bit more developed. Just work on cutting out unimportant details, extending the story line and fixing your grammar mistakes and you're golden!

writergirl2 said...
I like the whole idea of this story. There were a couple of grammar mistakes that I saw though, and the story could have been a bit longer. Also I found it uneccessary to explain the entire family/life of the girl. But keep writing and keep submittting articles!