The Voice | Teen Ink

The Voice

October 15, 2010
By JoshuaR GOLD, New Castle, Delaware
JoshuaR GOLD, New Castle, Delaware
11 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Forever is a long time, but i wouldn't mind spending it with you"


Mad? No. I'm not crazy. I'm just keen to what the normal person doesn’t comprehend. I hear the pasted souls. I talk to them. Do what they want me to. I'm not going to deny their pleads. I want to help them. No matter the request, I will help. Explaining the past events is like explaining what the meaning of life is. There is no answer. Just a reason. A reason to do what a person I can't see, touch, or understand wants me to do. That is to kill. The victims are who have wronged me, yes, but that is only coincidental. The ghost man only wanted to befriend me. He said that he will help me get along in life. He said that if I killed them, good things will happen. And they did! My life was at it's finest in that week after. The birds sang better, the sun shone brighter, the world seemed cheerier, and I felt relief of all of the things that usually brought me down. Yes, I felt bad for the families, but the voice said they will be better soon. He was very nice to me. All of his requests were to make my life better. But then he asked me to kill myself. I asked why and he said that people will be looking for me now and that the only way to please them is to die. I do like to please people and the voice asked me to, so I did. I walked over to the bridge. Stood at the edge. And jumped. Then, peace. Once gone, I looked for the man with the voice, but he was not there. A deeper voice replaced him and said. “He’s not real. It was all in your head. It’s your fault, those people died and now you will be punished.” I didn’t know what to say. The next thing I felt was burning and pain.