Photoshoot

It had been a long night for Stacy, who had gone to the school for eight hours and then worked the late shift at the local grocery store. All she wanted to do was take a hot shower and lie down in the inviting bed that was calling her name, but it seemed that destiny had other plans.
The last thing she remembered was walking up her front steps and focusing in on a picture of what looked like a camera hanging on her front door. She slipped and fell on an unnoticed patch of algae. Falling forward, she almost caught herself, but ended up hitting her head on the half painted handrail. When she woke up, all she saw was a single red light pointing directly at her face. She started to stand up, but was blinded by a flash of bright white light which exposed her bound hands. Startled, she fell back into her hard chair. She cried for help, but noticed that the louder she screamed, the more often the flashes would happen. The flashes drove her crazy and Stacy began to wonder if this was just a terrible nightmare. Closing her eyes as tightly as possible, Stacy counted to ten. When she reopened her eyes the lights were on. She saw the dead bodies of three of her classmates lying on the floor and four words written in dark red blood on the clean white walls: "They didn't say cheese."

martha said...
Loved it.