heartbeat

“If you want to feel alive, you have to taste death.” Miranda smiled and pulled my arm towards the edge of the bridge. My body soon followed.
A steel fence separated us from eternal life, as Miranda would put it. I gripped the top of the fence, my hands trembling. It was cold out. I looked down to a black hole of oblivion. The water below me was still. I couldn’t feel the heavy inhale and exhale of the November wind, and neither could the river. Miranda stood next to me, her eyes wide with enchantment as she leaned over the fence. The steel bar rested below her chest and she was still.
“It’s time.” She grinned and climbed over the fence.
“What the f*** are you doing?” I exclaimed “You’re going to kill yourself”
She laughed, “It’s only the end if you swallow it.”

The wind took its first breathe of the midnight air, blowing back Miranda’s long black hair. I climbed over the fence and stood beside her. My heart beat sped up and my hands still trembled. I looked down to the breathing water below me. I was scared. Miranda wasn’t.
There was nothing except fear separating us from the black oblivion.
“It’s a thrill you can hold onto.” Miranda consoled
There was nothing except fear separating us from feeling alive.
Miranda jumped, and my body soon followed.

DarknessForever13 said...
Oct. 12, 2010 at 9:09 am
I definetly give this one 5 stars. Very good content, I love it. Would you mind looking at my work?

Meli14 said...
Wow really good detail, so good actually. I liked it alot, keep writing. And take A look at my work, would you? oh im rating this 5/5 okay. Thanks(;

mariel_f replied...
Oct. 12, 2010 at 10:39 am
i would love to check out some of your work! what's a name of one of your pieces?

Meli14 replied...
" I Am Free" thanks so much(: