Monkey Love | Teen Ink

Monkey Love

By Brandon Sweeney BRONZE, Granger, Iowa
Brandon Sweeney BRONZE, Granger, Iowa

I am one big ol' ape that doesn’t know anything. I got a camera for my birthday but I just can’t figure out how to use it. My friends call me Billy and I like me some bananas.

I am about four feet tall with the wingspan of a five foot person. I have a girlfriend named Betty but my friend George has crush on her. George is way to curios with everyone’s lives and not curios enough with his own.

George and I used to be good friends but now I just hate him because he is trying to steal my girl and he is breaking the ape code number one rule of: Bros before Girls. When started breaking this rule I just knew he couldn’t be trusted!

My girl and I were on our way to the cleaning tree when there was a banana peel in the middle of the road. As we are cruising on my trike I see this forsaken banana and it makes me spin out. I yanked on my tassels because I so furious.

I was the bigger ape and ignored this and just went to the cleaning tree. Man did we get clean!

When I was taking my girl home on my tricycle there was a little baby squirrel in the middle of the road. I picked up the squirrel and told Betty to hold while I do the driving because we all know women can’t drive.

After I dropped off Betty at her tree, I took the squirrel back to my sports tree. The squirrel was really cute so I kept it in my tree hole.

As I am cruising the loop on my trike I saw Betty just hanging out by herself and asked her if she wanted to go get ice cream at the Banana Peel. After we got the ice cream we were going to go watch The Planet of the Apes.

On the way to the Banana Peel there were some trikes knocked over on the side of the sidewalk. Billy was wondering why all of these were knocked down. He started thinking about this and only thought of one person. This person had to have been George. He yanked on those tassels and told Betty to wait here because George has picked on way too many people and he needs to be stopped!

Billy found who used to be his best friend in a cave doing karate. George asked if Billy wanted to do karate but Billy said the only thing I want to kick is your a**.

Billy just demolished Gorge and left that cave with his head held high. On his way back home he was passing the Banana Peel and saw that Betty was not there, he knew there was trouble now. He kicked a walnut 50 feet he was so upset.

Billy went over to Betty’s house late at night to talk to her. He started talking about the fight when she had rudely interrupted. She said, Billy if you are going to stoop down to his level for everything then don’t talk to me again. Then she started calling him names and told him e was just as big as jerk as George.

Billy went home after that e knew he had to change but he didn’t understand why.

bubby said...
on Mar. 22 2011 at 11:03 am
this is a great story i don't agree with you jacob.

JacobParsons said...
on Mar. 22 2011 at 11:03 am
this story has a few flaws but over all really speaks to me