Ruined Youth

The dark room flashes red and blue and yellow tape bars the door. The woman in her blue uniform finds the shard of glass from the window with blood on it. She goes to the bed, stepping over a pink teddy bear. She closes her eyes and sighs heavily. She wants to cry but must keep her composure in front of her colleagues. Lights from the camera flashes just before she removes the white panties from the little girl’s leg. The woman follows the trail of bruises on her legs to her upper chest. Still holding the shard of glass, the woman looks from it to the girl’s open neck. There’s blood on the girl’s once beautiful curly blonde hair. Her frilly white nightgown is wrinkled and spattered with red. The bile rises in her throat and she swears in her heart to avenge little Sally’s rape and death. A piece of her heart burns black and she dies inside for little girls who suffer this fate. The hate inside her boils for the people who give little girls like Sally a Ruined Youth.

SecretNonConformist said...
Sept. 19, 2010 at 11:08 am
Very descriptive. You did a great job! The story could be cleaned up a bit but everything else was really good. Keep writing!

SaijLorelei replied...
How do you mean 'cleaned up'? Does it not flow well? But thank you, this is one of my darkest pieces and I liked it a lot.

SecretNonConformist replied...
Just clear up some of the grammar. It'll be easier to read and you'll feel even better about it!

SaijLorelei replied...
Oh, I see, ja I would agree, thanks :) I will work on it.