P.O.V | Teen Ink

P.O.V

By ohnja13 BRONZE, Loveland, Ohio
ohnja13 BRONZE, Loveland, Ohio

"Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. "

Monday, September 6th, 2010

Awakened by the chilly hand of morning, David Michaels lie awake in his bed. He rolled over on his side. The red numbers of his alarm clock illuminating red light read "4:53". He had been waking up earlier every morning. As he sat up to get out of bed he felt a damp heat touch his skin. He was drenched in sweat. He walked out of his bedroom and into the bathroom. The cold tile gave his toes a burning sensation. He walked in complete darkness over to the sink. He turned the faucet on, and splashed cold water on to his face. He looked up into the mirror. The man staring back at him was clean-shaven with short black hair, He had a strong, chiseled face. He didn't know the man in the mirror.

Once again David found himself stepping into his CLS-Class Mercedes. It was black, fit for the CEO of a fortune 500 company. David worked at a large New York Law Firm. He was just one of many drones looking to suck the money out of any unknowing citizen. David was greedy. That was why he became a lawyer in the first place. He found himself often questioning his career decision. David grew up in the south side of Boston. His dad was a grunt, and his mother stayed at home with his three brothers. At a young age his father instilled in him the characteristics of greed, and selfishness. David wasn't like that. He was not this man living in Saddle River, NJ, married to a gold digger, with two adorably mean children. No, David lives in his VW Van traveling across the country with the grateful Dead waiting for true love to find him. Things didn't play out that way.

As David stepped into the office, the chaos hit him like a level 9 hurricane. Papers were flying everywhere. People going this way, and that. As David tried to make his way through the sea of people he couldn't help but think of the peace that would surround his life had he chose to follow his heart. On his way to his office he ran into Maria DelGato, she gave him the hardest stair she could before strutting off to the copy room. Her hair was red with large curls. Her skin a dark Latin color. Her body had a perfect hourglass figure. Though she was beautiful, she was as mean as a snake. David did his best to stay out of her way, but this time their boss, Thomas O' Reilly was pairing them against each other. They were competing for a case they could bring one of them nearly two million dollars. The main suspect of the case was Enrique Quintinilla.

While David was filing through the papers for his last case.One of his only companions at the firm, Josh Nieson, a college student working part-time in the mail room, came up to his office door, this time without mail "Boss wants to see you". When David arrived in the bosses office, he saw that Maria was already there. "Please, sit" They both immediately obeyed, taking the two seats in front of his desk. "Well" said Thomas. "I'm going to make this as painless as possible, David, I think your experience is best fit for this particular job"
Tuesday, September 7th, 2010

David met Josh on the roof before work."I got the job" Josh turned to him with a questioning glance. " I would have told you sooner, but I went home early yesterday." David let that linger for a minute before saying " My wife was having an affair, with some man named Daniel. As if I wasn't good enough". Josh looked sympathetically at his friend "It's not that man, maybe you two just weren't meant to be." As he said that, he heard the sound of footsteps approaching just in time to see a man standing across from David, at gun point. "Daniel, you don't have to do this." Daniel cocked his head to the side "What do you mean this is the only way we can be..." The gun goes off without him pulling the trigger. David collapsed on the floor dead. Josh look up at the man with fear. Daniel throws his gun down, and runs to the ledge of the roof. "I didn't mean to kill him" were his last word before he plummeted to his death. As Josh looked up over where his companion previously stood he saw an open window, and in it stood Maria DelGato, gun in hand.