Ashton | Teen Ink

Ashton

By EerieMystery BRONZE, Schenectady, New York
EerieMystery BRONZE, Schenectady, New York

I've always lived in the same small town since I was born. Nothing interesting ever happens. Ever. I Hardly left my house and if I did, I only left at night. That was something my mother taught me when I was younger. I never knew why, but I feared the daytime. Tonight, something awful happened. First I heard the sirens, and then I heard the loud sound of an explosion.
"What the h*ll..." I wondered aloud. I ran out of the front door and then down the stairwell. I could see a heavy cloud of smoke rising above the MacEnfield's house a few blocks away.
I got in my car as quickly as I could and drove to their house. There was a ton of fire trucks and police. I pulled over and ran towards a policeman struggling to hold back the small crowd of people that surrounded the small remainder of the house. (Which wasn't much).
"Sir. Sir, you can't come any closer." The uniformed officer said to me.
"What happened?" I asked. The police officer didn't reply. I stared up at the fire. All the sounds around me slowly faded away. All I could hear was the sounds of the flames licking at the darkened night sky. All I saw was the red-orange light glowing from the house. I was running. Away from the fire? No, no, towards the fire. Why? And why couldn't I stop? I felt the officer's firm hands trying to pull me back.
I shook myself free of him and ran closer towards the fire. The firefighters and other officers didn't seem to worry about the civilian in the middle of a cut-off area, or at least i didn't feel anyother hands grabbing at me and forcing me back.
When I reached the fire my hand reached out towards it. I felt as though I had no control anymore. I didn't feel anything. No burning sensation, no heat, nothing. And I didn't hear the explosion until I was flying in the air.
I went flying back towards the earth quickly. Quicker than I went up. I hit the ground with a thud. The small crowd surrounded me. "He isn't bleeding!" Someone yelled.
"How can he not be bleeding?! He fell from about 50 feet!" A woman standing above me said.
I sat up easily. This is so weird. I thought. Nothing on my body hurt. I couldn't feel anything except tiredness. I closed my eyes and drifted off...
When I awoke, I was still lying on the sidewalk and it was daytime. They just left me here? I sat up and rubbed my head.
"Ashton?" Someone said from the distance. Mrs.MacEnfield? I turned towards the MacEnfield's house. It was perfectly in tact.
It was a dream? Then, why was I in the road? Where are all the cars? Suddenly I felt my hearbeat pick up. Cars? I jumped up, suddenly feeling very sore.
"Ashton, honey, are you okay?" she asked again, sounding concerned.
"Um... Yeah, I'm fine Mrs. MacEnfield." Then it hit me again. Didn't I drive here? Where the h*ll is my car?
"Would you like to come inside?" She asked me. She didn't seem to be freaked out that I was lying in the road.
"Um..sure." I muttered, walking towards the house, which suddenly looked eerie and unfamiliar to me.
Inside of the ivory covered house looked different from the last time I was there. Which was bizzare since I was just there the other day. They had a sectional couch and a plasma screen television.
"Take a seat." She suggested before I could see what else had changed. "I'll be right back..." She vanished into the kitchen and then emerged with a soda in one hand and a knife in the other.
I jumpped out of the couch. The knife glistened from the small light of a lamp. "Mrs. MacEnfield..."
"Oh, dear, don't run." She started. "It's time for you to go." I started to run towards the door, but Mr. MacEnfield was standing there blocking the door. Mrs. MacEnfield came closer.
C'mon, think of a way out of this!

BloodySecret said...
BloodySecret, Schenetcady, New York
Woah! Ohmigod!!! need an ending... SOON!! i luv it and i am waiting in suspense until it comes out lol :)

Writing it :)

DeadlyRose said...
DeadlyRose, Schenectady, New York
OMG EPIC! Ending???