The Incident

Maple Street was rather quiet and cold, a December morning.
It was 4:30 a.m. and dark outside, the street lights were still shining brightly against the darkness. In a way it was a picture perfect morning, but yet, somehow mysterious. In the shadows of the trees, lining the narrow, dead-end, street stood a figure. The figure was walking from the sidewalk towards the street. It was a man, middle aged, dressed in an all black cloak with a hat on. He looked secretive, like he was about to commit a crime. The man was still, standing in the middle of the street. He motioned towards the darkness across the road. Then, there came another person from the shadows opposite of the man. This person was a woman, looked as if to be in her 30’s, with long, straight, brunette hair, and dressed as the man except with no hat. The two met in the middle of the lit street seeming to have a conversation at first. Then the seemingly friendly conversation turned to something of an argument. The woman raised her hands in the air, yelling and the man turned aggressive. Then the woman pointed to the dark behind the man, and he turned. Sure enough, yet another figure stepped onto the street. Another woman, but with blond curly hair, and she was wearing a dark blue evening gown. She looked as if she was going to a ball, and did not fit into the scene. The squabble continued, with the blond woman occasionally interrupting until the man had had enough. He reached for a pocket inside his coat and pulled out an object. Both women stepped backwards a couple times, holding their hands up in front of them in a pleading manner. The man shook his head, raised the object and muttered one last phrase before he shot them both.

alice! said...
Oct. 2, 2010 at 3:26 am
Its different. Great imagery though. :)

Itwasamurder... said...
I actually gave you five when I meant a four, it was a really good piece but it was all description and did not really have much of a hook until halfway. but it was still interesting and the imagery was great.

SecretNonConformist said...
Sept. 25, 2010 at 6:31 am
Very, very intriguing. Your descriptions, which were essential to the story, were amazing! The end left me wanting to know more. Keep up the good work, i want to see another part :)