The Lonely Deadly Moor

It was a long time ago; however, I remember it as if it only happened five minutes ago.

It was a cool autumn night. The full moon glowing; its peace was all around me. And the stars were fireflies coming and going whenever they pleased.

I walk alone; alone down the rode that leads to my village. The winds were strong. As all winds are at night, on the moor. My blue cloak, waving in the wind. I walk, I walk, I walk alone; alone on the moor, with nothing to comfort me but my lonely candlelight.

"Caw, caw," goes the raven. For the raven cleans up whatever the night does. I walk on. Just beyond the flicker of my candlelight hangs tree limbs and vines, the moon and the firefly night.

What was that? I stop in my tracks. All I can see is blackness. What was that? I heard it again, but this time louder. "Hoo-Hoo." I look around only to see an owl, singing his deadly song. Along with him was the wolf. The wolf, singing, singing his deadly song to the moon. I kept walking, walking alone on the endless, windy moor.

Then my candlelight went out. And I heard the raven, owl, and the wolf all singing their deadly song. Then out of nowhere, there came a light, a bright, almost unnatural light. The light was a green in color yet yellow, like fire. Then, i saw a figure in a black riding cloak. I froze, for I knew I was in the prescence of a witch. This was no nice, do what ever you like witches; this was Madame Cartha. Everyone in my village knew that if you came face to face with her, it was a death sentence.

I ran, I ran, I ran alone, alone on the open mysterious moor.

Madame Cartha was behind me. I just knew it! Then I tripped, and fell, fell down to the hard ground of the lonely moor. Madame Cartha grabbed me and put me viciously against a tree. I looked up. She had no face, a nose, but no face. "You tried to run from your future, Darling? Well you then must pay a price." Before I knew it, three big gashes were cut into my side. Somehow, I managed to escape before she could kill me, out there on the lonely moor.

I ran, ran, feeling all the pain a raven could give. I'm getting weaker and weaker; but, I kept moving.

Then when I couldn't run any longer, I walked, alone, alone on the open moor. Then when I was too weak to walk, I sat down. Blood was gushing out my side. The owl, the wolf, and the raven were all still singing, singing their deadly song.

I tried to keep my eyes open as I started to lie on the ground. Then while I managed to keep my eyes open, I saw little white flakes that I knew was snow. Snow meant only one thing, winter.

I had to close my eyes, for no strength did I have. I fell into a sleep, and remembered nothing. And I layed there, lonely, motionless; out there on the mysterious, deadly moor.

Savannah . said...
Wow! really good i also loved the imagery; i can really picture it in my mind. hey could you also check out and rate my work?

toshilou said...
hey girl!!!! glad your story was finally posted!!!!!!!! i still love it! it still gives me goosebumps. can u maybe help me with the title of my story?

Blue4This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...

Amazing story! The imagery is great! I loved what you wrote about the wolf sining his song to the moon, that's great.

By the way, can you read some of my work, rate, and critisize? I'd appreciate it.