"The only thing to fear is fear itself"

By crzybookworm BRONZE, Highland, California
crzybookworm BRONZE, Highland, California

"The only thing to fear is fear itself."

You can’t run from me. You can’t hide from me. I am everywhere. I am the feeling of uncertainty that lingers through your veins. I am near when your heart starts pounding and your palms grow sweaty. You close your eyes telling yourself it’s not real. Oh, but I am dreadfully real. You can’t see me, but I am there. I am there when the black blanket covers the blue sky. I am the eeriness that follows you through the night. I am there when your door mysteriously creeks open and you tell yourself it’s just a draft. I am there when the strange noises are heard in the darkness of the night. I am the monster under your bed, the monster in the closet, the mysterious noises in the night, and the un-explained mysteries in the world. I am fear. I never go away. I go with the saying: “the only thing to fear is fear itself”. Because yes, I am fear, and if you don’t fear me, you will.

This is my 1st piece of work I have posted on here. Tell me what you think. Constructive criticsim and advice is welcome. Be nice though, I do have feelings. Thanx. :)

on Jul. 18 2010 at 2:45 am

Thanks!! It was just a spure of the moment kind of thing. :) I can totally expand it.

on Jul. 15 2010 at 5:15 pm
I like this just the way it is, but it would be great explanded too. What do you think? Great Job with this though!

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!