The Murderer

I walked through the school hallway getting ready to meet up with my boyfriend, Jason at his locker. As I step closer to his locker I notice that he is no where in sight. I stand there frustrated, because I actually was looking forward to seeing him today.

“Oh, I miss him so much,” I said under a sigh. After a whole entire weekend without seeing him I come back to this? I walked away, heading to Jessica’s locker.

“Hey Stephanie,” Jessica said, “where’s Jason?”

“I don’t know,” I said, with my frustration coming back to haunt me.

“Maybe he’ll come back towards the end of the day,” Jessica said, obviously trying to lighten my spirits.

“Oh, if he does then he’ll definitely be my hero!” I said as I walked into my 1st period Algebra class.

The whole entire day was such a drag. I barely even paid attention to what the teachers were teaching. The final bell must have woke me up from my daze, because that’s really all I remember.

I stepped in the door, ran up the stairs--taking two at a time. I throw my books on the floor. I lay on my bed, thinking that this is so great to be home after such a long day. I lay there dreaming…

…I scramble to the kitchen, looking around in the dark, barely seeing anything. Then, I found what I was looking for…a knife. I honestly don’t know why I needed the knife, but I obediently put the knife in my back pocket. The next thing I knew I was out side walking at a very fast pace. I pass lots of houses, then finally I see a very familiar red brick house. As I walk up the drive I grip the knife handle tightly in my palms. Then, I unlock a door and step up the staircase very quietly. I walk down the hall and find his door. I open it ever so slowly and quietly. I look in the room and see Jason sleeping so peacefully. I realize that I’m still gripping the knife, but now I pull it out of my back pocket and hold it to his chest…

My alarm clock must have woken me up because my ears kept ringing as I got out of bed. I finally remembered the dream I had last night.

“Oh that was such a sick dream and I would never do such a-,” I said, but something caught my eye. On my dresser lay the knife-the knife I used to murder my-boyfriend. I shuddered at all the thick dried blood on the knife.

“Oh, my goodness this can’t be happening.” I cried, praying that this didn’t really happen. I grabbed the knife struggling to find a place to hide it. I couldn’t really find a place to hide it so I just threw it under my bed. But it made a noise as it glided under the bed. I looked under the bed and pretty much lost it. I mean, a scream wouldn’t even express what I felt. I didn’t even think about what had happened to Jason’s body, but now I know. I pulled his body out from under my bed, and examined it. There was a big bloody hole in his chest, which was imprinted the same shape as the knife.

“Gosh, I don’t even remember bringing his body here,” I said in a big gulp. But then, the same force that forced me to murder Jason came back, an I realized why.

Jason was just like James. The type of guys I hated. Just the way they act, the clothes they wear. James made me murder him, just like Jason. After I murder I totally forget what I did, until I commit another murder. So the next time I murder I will remember Jason. But as I stand there at their funeral, they will stare at me but never suspect a thing.

A.Dreamer said...
This was completely unexpected! It kinda creeped me out, because I could picture things from the main character's point of view! The last paragraph was kinda confusing though, because I have no  idea who James is. But I love the last sentence. Good work!

Diana101 replied...
Aug. 24, 2010 at 4:20 pm :
I'm glad you enjoyed my story!!!

Diana101 said...
If you comment on my story here, I'll comment on your story (I promis) just leave the title of your story or stories, and I'll comment:)

music_lover said...
Good job! I like the suspense. Maybe try adding more details, it seemed to go by a little fast where I wanted to know more. Nice keep writing :)

Diana101 replied...
Aug. 21, 2010 at 2:51 pm :
Thank you!

givemetherapyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 11, 2010 at 4:05 pm:
this was really good! you have a great talent in writing :)

Diana101 replied...
Jun. 11, 2010 at 4:07 pm :

Thank you so much:)

Diana101 said...
Jun. 11, 2010 at 3:46 pm:
Please Comment!!!!