The Bracelet | Teen Ink

The Bracelet

June 3, 2010
By yeaboi BRONZE, Scotch Plains, New Jersey
yeaboi BRONZE, Scotch Plains, New Jersey
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
--Ralph Waldo Emerson


The friendship bracelet lay in the cave of the girls rigor set hand. Raw marks on the girl’s wrist suggest that the bracelet was not taken off voluntarily. This bracelet that symbolizes a friendship unbeknownst to onlookers, torn from her body. Safety taken away from the girl in one swift motion. Now, it is owned by a lifeless and nameless body. The face; slashed. The body; dismembered. Identifying markers; gone. She’s just a body with a bracelet; that is all. A friend will miss this girl. The girl that she made a finely woven bracelet of pink, yellow, and pale green for. The girl that she most likely confided her secrets in and giggled over boys with. A girl that she loved and cherished as a sister, now gone from her life. Only, she does not know this yet. Does she have a matching bracelet made by this new Jane Doe? I wonder.

The author's comments:
This is only a small piece of a story in prgress, but I would love input.