I Always Know

The sirens sound behind me, making me smile. I knew. I knew how I wanted it to end. It was all going accordingly too. I run. I run from what I want. But I know how to get this. I know, I know.
“STOP!” I heard this word before but what does it mean? Stop what? I don’t ever bother to figure out; I just keep running and running.
The flashing lights follow me, along with the piercing noise. It all is going how it is supposed to. Told you I knew.
I remember the smell, the rainy smell. That wasn’t part of my plan. But it wasn’t going to stop me. Stop me from what you might ask. You don’t know though. Or do you?
They were gaining on me. But I still know. I still know this is part of my plan. It always works out. At least for me it does.
I turn down an alley, still running. But I am cornered. Surrender? Never. I drew my gun, one of my many unloaded guns and aimed. But they didn’t know. They didn’t know they were all part of my plan.
“HE’S GOT A GUN!” one of them yelled. Well I thought that fact was obvious but as long as they all know, know what they are supposed to know. Then all will go smoothly. I heard the sound I was waiting for. CRACK! I smiled as I felt the warmth slowly escape from my body.
“Told you I knew.” With that, I fell limply against the damp stone wall, feeling more alive than ever.

AprilEverAfter said...
Aug. 8, 2010 at 9:19 am:

The last line was the absolute perfect image for the end of it. In a way it was murky but very clear; I could see everything but I wasn't sure what he was running from, what he knew, ext, and not a lot of authors are capable of creating both of those two scenerios at once. 

OR DO I KNOW??? Jk :)

sleeplessdreamer said...

Well, on the upside, I LOVED the last line. It was spectacular. 

But I need this answered: What in the world did this guy know? What was he running from? What has he done?... This story went completely over my head because I can't read into your mind. I don't know what back story you have going on, so I'm just lost. 

Also, PLEASE tone down the "i knew" lines. I mean, I know that's kind of the whole point of this piece, but not only was it the only point, it was almost ... (more »)

Fredwardness replied...
Aug. 9, 2010 at 6:26 pm :
The character knows how to die without killing himself. It's a death wish and he is...crazy. He keeps repeating things in his head trying to reassure himself that he know's his plan, and...nobody else could. But...yeah, it DOES need a lot of work. lol. Thanks guys.

JohnWallOfTheWizardsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Okay that was pretty interesting but it seemed a lot like a piece of a book I read, it was called the outsiders.