Nightfall | Teen Ink

Nightfall

May 24, 2010
By itsdariannnn BRONZE, Pensacola Fl, Florida
itsdariannnn BRONZE, Pensacola Fl, Florida
2 articles 0 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
Your journey starts with your first step


I look at the world and observe the behavior that comes with night fall. Little children snuggle up to their stuffed companions, young adults spend hours laughing and enjoying themselves at parties, adults fall asleep knowing their bills have just been paid. For everyone, nightfall can bring some form of happiness. Not me. The time that light leaves the earth, my body experiences a feeling that no one can ever possibly bare. But I bare it. When the stars illuminate the sky a pain comes that no one should endure. But I endure it. Although I don’t have the slightest memory of what goes on during the hours of sunlight, I imagine that I pray that night never comes.
Its 6 o’clock now. My torture begins. No one can hear my screams where I live. No one dares to come in the woods at night. No. It’s just me in this cabin. I’m not sure how I got into this endless loop of pain, passing out, waking up at 5; death at 6. I can never escape. The worst part is it is an outer body experience. I watch myself torture…myself. I inflict the pain that I fear every night. I cause the agony that leaves my body mangled, bruised, and lifeless. It begins now. Someone save me from this misery.
I see my long skinny legs walking over to the trunk in the corner of the room and pull out what seems to be a long climbing rope. Before I can fight back, the evil part of me wraps the rope around my neck. I hear myself beg for mercy but evil never shows remorse or signs of being human. She wrapped the rope around my neck and choked me until no words could ever leave my pale lips again. Before life leaves my motionless body, she revives me.

All night I am tortured. Not once am I let alone to die. Dawn comes and I use my last bit of strength to crack a smile for I know the torture stops when the sun hits the earth. Light breaks threw the windows and I expect for my body to fall into a deep sleep, as it does every morning after a long night of torture. But this morning is different. I’m awake. Does this mean the loop is broken? Am I finally free to leave this God forsaken cabin? My thoughts are interrupted by a knock at the door. Opening it I see a young woman with long red hair greeting me with her smile.

“Hi I’m lost and I stumbled upon your cabin” said the hiking beauty.

Something in me snapped and I grabbed the poor girl and I sat her in the chair I had just spent my dreadful night in. I walked over to the trunk in the corner and pulled out a long climbing rope. I wrapped the rope around her neck. I herd her beg for mercy but I didn’t show remorse, I wasn’t human. I choked her until no words could ever leave her lips again. Then darkness swept over me.

Its 6 o’clock now. My torture begins. No one can hear my screams in this cabin. I cause the agony that leaves my body mangled, bruised and lifeless. It begins now. Someone save me from my misery. I watch myself take a knife from the trunk in the corner of the room. I stab parts of my body that will bleed but won’t kill me. I laugh at the tears that run down my face. By time dawn comes I am tired, bloody and I lost a lot of appendages. But I’m not dead. The sun beams into the window and I hear a knock at the door.

A young boy with curly brown hair sees that I’m hurt when I answer the door. But something snaps and I sit him in the chair that is stained with my own blood. I walk to the trunk and get a knife.

I cause the agony that leaves my body mangled bruised and lifeless. It begins now. Someone save me from…me.