Not So Perfect Summer | Teen Ink

Not So Perfect Summer

May 22, 2010
By littleleyah SILVER, Ozona, Texas
littleleyah SILVER, Ozona, Texas
9 articles 0 photos 22 comments

Favorite Quote:
"When one doesnt belive nothing good can com from that." (ME!))


June 29, 2008. I was at my best friend’s party. She was drunk and so was everyone else I knew. I didn’t have my car so I decided it would be okay to walk home after all Alice only lived two blocks away from me and that’s where the party was at. So there was nothing wrong with that right? I walked out into the warm summer night. It was just past two and my curfew was three. The air was sweet and filled with the smell of freshly mowed grass and the lingering smell of bar-b-que. I was happy my crush had kissed me that night I managed to only drink one glass of muji juice and I wasn’t going to break curfew.
Come to think of it I felt stupid that I hadn’t asked Troy to give me a ride. (Troy was my crush) Oh well I thought to myself. I was about a block away from my house now when I felt like someone was watching me. I turned but there was nobody there. I shrugged off the eerie feeling and kept walking. I reached my porch at that point and was fumbling through my purse for the keys to my house.
A hand shot out and covered my mouth I started screaming and kicking, but the assaulter was very strong. He tied my hands with what felt like a piece of cloth and stuck me in the back of his black car that was parked in the alley behind my house. He slammed the door on my foot and I felt tears form in my eyes, but not from the pain this wasn’t a normal assaulter. This was my ex boyfriend. Erick.
He took me to the old park by the cemetery and sexually assaulted me there. When he finished he whispered, “I saw you with Troy at the party its you first then him.” Then he slit my throat and drug me to the back of the cemetery to die, but I didn’t die. I became immortal a vampire if you will. Troy I found out wasn’t a normal boy. He found me and bit me there. The pain was intoxicating I felt like acid had been poured on me.
Now I am looking for Erick.

The author's comments:
Part of this is true i will not tell you which part, but judge not of what i write, but of how you read it. And please keep the negativity to a minimum.