Part One | Teen Ink

Part One

By vicky.loves.to.write. BRONZE, Longmont, Colorado
vicky.loves.to.write. BRONZE, Longmont, Colorado

idk i have lots

I don’t know why, but every time I look in my new mirror, my eyes seem to be seeing very light, hardly visible silhouettes of people moving around. I can’t even tell if they are there, or if it’s just my horrible eyes. But I just let it go, and say it’s my eyes.

One summer morning, I was writing a note on the side of my mirror with a dark pink dry erase marker. The note read: “Summer school, 7:45 am!” Yes, summer school. See, I am not good at math. It’s my second year in summer school. Anyways, when I was done writing the note, I looked at myself. The thing is, the girl I have always seen in the mirror, who I know and love, wasn’t there. But replacing her was a very scary looking girl. I mean, she looked like me, but when I looked into her eyes, I saw. . . death. She didn’t look scary anymore, just scared. After I got over my shock, I reached out to touch her face. She reached out to me, too. But instead of my finger touching my reflection, the girl in the mirror grabbed me by the wrist, her claws sinking into my flesh, and everything went black. . .

I screamed as I shot up in a bed. My bed. Was I just waking up from the worst nightmare any one could ever dream? Well, I hoped so. But, I wasn’t in my room. Not my bed. Just very. . . similar.

“Hello,” a familiar voice said to me. I knew that voice anywhere. It was mine.

“W-where am I? Tell me where I am!” I shouted back.

“You, my friend, are in a parallel universe.”

“Friend? What do you mean ‘parallel universe`?” Now I was out of the bed, trying to stand, but stumbling every step, trying to find my way through the pitch black room.

“You are now inside your own mirror,” the girl with my voice answered.

“Oh my goodness. . .” was all I could manage to say.

“And I am you.”

well,i was just letting my mind wonder one day in the car, and this came to mind. i really hope you all enjoy it. this is all i have so far, there's more coming! keep on reading and writing!!! <3