Love Gazer Pt 1 | Teen Ink

Love Gazer Pt 1

By JocelynnTaylor GOLD, Templeton, Pennsylvania
JocelynnTaylor GOLD, Templeton, Pennsylvania

I am a writer, and so I write.
I am a thinker, and so I think.
I am a human, and so I have human thoughts and feelings.

And of course, my eyes were on the hottest guy in school. Quinn Athertan! With his glossy delicately tossed hair, around his perfect reckless face like a black halo. His eyes were brown with a spark like fire through the center. He had lean muscles and rock hard abs.

I have to have him, I thought.

I looked at him. I was sitting at my normal table trying to be invisible with my two best friends, Jess and Liz. His hair was always in his eyes so he then flippes it and just then he did and caught my eye. I turned to see him, but not before he smiled his fully toothed bright white smile.

Just then someone tapped me on the shoulder, I gasped then turned. Jess and Liz were staring at me. Both were juniors like me only Jess had a wild side, she had red shoulder length, she wore a blue top and brown kapris. And Liz was wearing her signature starry jacket and blue jeans, faded in spots. We were also blood sisters. I scanned her mind she was laughing.

"What's so funny?" I asked. Just then she sent me a mental image of Matt, a friend of mine a cousin of LIz's and a lover to Jess. And he was trying to get a date. "Tee-hee, thats funny!" I said mentally and physically laughing. I looked to where Matt was, asking out Alisha the cheerleader.

Jess thought NO CHANCE, that CHEATING little scoundral, she mentally screamed it to him. He flinched and I didn't know what it was from being turned down or being yelled at.

I turned my vampire power of excellent hearing on. Now I could hear his conversation with Alisha.

"I want Kai." she was telling him he wasn't worth her time. "I have had a crush on him forever!!!" She smiled and glanced toward me threw me an annoyed look and turned back to Matt.

He was thinking, Have fun with that, Kai has girl lined up till college. Haha don't take me I got Jess. HOLY CRAP!!! I still got Jess!!! And with that thought I backed out. And I was sending him an instant telapathic message Yea you do and if you still want her I would come back NOW!!! Tee-Hee FUNNY!!!!! He was understanding it and said to Alisha.

"Ok go to Kai. I got other choices. And you really don't matter right now!" He said it with pure hatred. "C'ya round."

Just then I felt a kind of whooshy sound in my inner ear. My name had been siad at a table. I scanned. It... it couldn't... NO FREAKING WAY!!! Quinn Athertan. I scanned the last words that had trickled lucidly off his tongue. "I am gunna ask her out, Jos won't know what to say!"

"UGHHH" I gasped out only loud enough that Ty and Jess and Liz could hear. They read my mind because of course with this kind of news I couldn't speak.

Suddenly cheers of excitment were screamed in my head. WOW, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!, from Jess, NO WAY GIRL, YOUR LUCKS CHANGED!!!, from Liz and, YOUR DREAMS SECRETLY UNVEILED..., from Matt. Of course he wouldn't be excited Jess was still mad at him.

"OMG I can't believe it either, I know, and WHAT THE HECK IS YOUR PROBLEM!!!" I answered and questioned. He shrugged then just pointed his thumb to Jess. "Oh, ok." I added mentally 'She will forgive you, you know that right?' "How do I look?" they looked me over from all angles then. Shook their heads. Then they left, he was coming my way. I yelled to them "Catch up in a bit!"

I was grabbing my books and papers when he came up and cleared his throat. "Jos, Is that you." I turned and looked up pretending not to be interested.

I popped my gum, "Ya it's me. What ya need?" I was trying to keep it cool but I couldn't help the dribble of enthuasiasm.

He looked at me as if he had the choice to run the other way and if I would follow or not. "Umm... I well, uh wanted to know if you would like to go to um, prom with me, be my date."

I looked up, wondering is he kidding why is he being so embarrassed. "I wasn't gunna go but ya if you'll take me. Maybe Jess and Liz and Matt can come to. You know like a group!" I tried to sound as bored as possible but this was Quinn I was talking to.

He was red in the face, and I could feel the embarrassment flowing out of him like red, sweet, sticky blood. "No, I uh, sorta meant like me and you as a date no group. But uhh if you had other plans thats, ok..." But I cut him off.

"No if you wanna go as a date sure, but I'll have to get a dress and my mom and dad will have to meet you. Well my mom knows who you are. I showed her everyones picture in the last yearbook. So that leaves daddy." I said sadly. Of course my mom wasn't guna be home. Nor my dad they were dead but he didn't need to know that.

"Oh, well, um. Will you at least be my girlfriend until then. I mean just in case you can't go." I could see him start leaning in. And I didn't stop him. He kissed me and I kissed back.

"Was that a yes?" He asked while I slipped him a sheet of paper with my number and three letters.

I was starting to walk away when he looked up. He was staring at me. I could tell.

In a crowded place you look around. You
may not know the people around you, but, you
can tell a lot with a look. And normally you have eyes
for a certain type of person, the right person.

I am a writer, and so I write.
I am a thinker, and so I think.

Working on a second one for anyone thats interested!!!  ^_^