See What Happens! | Teen Ink

See What Happens!

May 14, 2010
By LeonaIIRS BRONZE, Valley Center, California
LeonaIIRS BRONZE, Valley Center, California
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Only God Can Judge Me!!"


A girl sits in the rain crying, thinking about what she just did. It slowly starts to cross her mind that she has committed murder. It was her true love that cheated on her with her best friend. They were together for three years. When she found out she went crazy looking for him and at the moment when she found him she pulled out a gun, and began to fire it off at his heart. When he hit the ground next to the pond she walked up and said “bang, bang your love shot you down, if I can’t have you then no one will!”
She slowly walks away to the top of a hill muttering to herself “I loved him with all my heart!” She sits down and begins to stare at the body. I watch her look down into a puddle and realize that it is my own reflection looking down, the gun next to my side. I grab the gun cock it, say “till death do us part babe” and pull the trigger. As I begin to roll down the hill I can feel my eye lids trying to open. As I hit his body we go into the pond, I can’t breathe, I get a pain in my chest. I begin to think, “Why do I feel this if I am dead.” As I hit the bottom of the pond I wake up gasping for air.
It was all a dream, no it was a nightmare that feels real. I reach for my phone to call my boyfriend, just as I grab it the ringer goes off the screen reads “Mom #2.” I answer the phone and hear nothing but crying and deep breathing from her. When she does finally say something she tells me that her son, my boyfriend was found shot to death by the pond. I drop the phone and run to the park, everyone is looking at me as if I did something. While walking up to see his body I see my best friend crying. When I reach his mom she grabs me and says “who would do this?” When she backs up she looks me up and down, drops to her knees, begins to scream at me saying “you did this, you killed my son!” I look down and realize that I am covered in blood, and I think to myself “It wasn’t a nightmare, I killed the love of my life.” I then remember why I did it and attack my ex-best friend pull out the same gun and shoot her. When everyone looks at me I say “she was a hoe, he was a cheater, they are dead and now my mission is finished and there is no need for me to be here.” I run across the park to the swings sit down and shoot myself in the stomach; I wake up a week later in the hospital. They tell me I got lucky and I tell them “no, I was meant to die.” I get arrested and will spend the rest of my crazy life in prison for murder. On the walls of my cell the word REDRUM is written big, I wonder, “Why that is the word the person before me put that?” I hear a loud noise, it is my alarm it is 6:00 am. Everything that just happened was a nightmare, in a nightmare, inside of a dream. I look to the right side of me, see my babe lying next to me, and on the wall the word, “REDRUM” is written above him. He wakes up, gives me a kiss saying “I love you babe, till death do us part!” I say it back and ask him what the word on the wall means; he answers and says “redrum spelled backwards spells MURDER!” I get out of bed and get ready for school like nothing ever happened. Love lasts forever, but can also make you go crazy. Make sure you can control it when you love someone.
THE END