The End Chapter 2 part 2 | Teen Ink

The End Chapter 2 part 2

By saostick GOLD, Virginia Beach, Virginia
saostick GOLD, Virginia Beach, Virginia

“That’s bad”, He replied.

“We gotta go back inside, the explosion is gonna be big”, I said walking back inside the Starbucks.

My brother followed.

“Do you think there were people on the plane?”, He asked me.

“I don’t know Austin, the plane was several hundred feet in the air with nobody on it”, I said sarcastically.

“Oh”, He replied.

We both sat against the wall taking a break. Acting like none of this stuff ever happened. Then we heard the explosion.

Boom! Boom! Boom!

I looked through the window seeing the huge mushroom cloud form. Pieces of the plane were coming our way.

“Oh my god! Stand up! Stand up! We gotta go!”, I yelled him standing up running out the door.

My brother followed.

A piece of metal slammed through the wall where we were just sitting. One of the motors flew through the air slamming through the roof of a building coming out the other side flying into an apartment complex. We limp-ran down the street turning around occasionally to see if we were in the line of plane parts. We ran about a mile down the road opposite of the explosion. The front of the plane hurtled through the air slamming through several buildings still keeping momentum going through several others then landing several hundred feet in front of us.

Boom!

The impact shocked the street. We limp-ran to the wreck. The pilot was able to be seen against the windshield of the aircraft head.

“Where are we going to go Sean? We can’t stay in Manhattan forever”, Austin told me.

“I don’t know. Knowing what has been happening around the world we got to get away from Manhattan”, I said.

We walked further seeing all the destruction. Cars were toppled. Asteroids were laying all around. Buildings had been destroyed. Nobody was outside except for us. It was silent except for the sound of fire and falling debris. Then we found a car.

The car looked perfectly fine except for some building on top of it.

“There’s a car. We can go see if it works”, I pointed out to my brother.

“I need a rest”, He complained.

We walked over to the car.

It was an orange with black racing stripes 1974 Chevrolet Camaro

Hope you enjoy!